Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Adam Clayton saga - now officially signed for Middlesbrough

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
2-3 years ago. In Hawaii so early morning. All money now being directed to the yoof, 2m fees are pipedreams

We made 2x £1m+ bids in January and if reports are to be believed have already made a £1.5m+ bid this window for a midfielder, to add to the 6-7 we already have in our squad.
We were also happy to pay, it was reported, £1m+ for a goalkeeper.
If *all* money is directed to the "yoof" (assume you mean the academy) then why were we being so spendthrift with all the activity above?
And if we are targeting a first choice, 40 game a year striker then thats £2m minimum where-ever and however we find him.
Not pipe dreams but funding a reasonably competitive squad in the Championship without parachute money still means big transfer fees especially for strikers.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I don't run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet.

Nadia Comaneci

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Ulloa was only 18 months ago. We'll never get a 20+ goal striker for less than 2m, so i'm sure that we'll spend that and more if the right player comes along.

Before anyone asks, I wear normal glasses, no tints.

The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it.
George Bernard Shaw

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
We made 2x £1m+ bids in January and if reports are to be believed have already made a £1.5m+ bid this window for a midfielder, to add to the 6-7 we already have in our squad.
We were also happy to pay, it was reported, £1m+ for a goalkeeper.
If *all* money is directed to the "yoof" (assume you mean the academy) then why were we being so spendthrift with all the activity above?
And if we are targeting a first choice, 40 game a year striker then thats £2m minimum where-ever and however we find him.
Not pipe dreams but funding a reasonably competitive squad in the Championship without parachute money still means big transfer fees especially for strikers.

Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting.
Joyce Meyer

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
I don't run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet.

Nadia Comaneci

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
Plato

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Life is very short, and there's no time for fussing and fighting, my friend.
Lennon and McCartney

To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
Sun Tzu

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.
Winston Churchill

Going to bed, drunk! good night - UTA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here