Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal London 1 Day Cup Sussex vs. Somerset

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Valid game under D/L after 10 overs. We are so poor because we have the wrong Coach, Captain and can't seem to bat. Oh and we don't have a Spinner worthy of the name.

Not a lot going for us then. In my day if the game was rained off or innings not completed it was declared no result which it surely should be not reduce the target as that is unfair to the side batting first.

Last edited:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Rain clearing. D/L now saying 83 required off 4 balls. Game on!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
What a joke. Coach goes after relegation. New ideas needed so we make cosy in house replacement. Chairman and CEO decide new position of Director of Cricket needed. Another cosy in house appointment to head of Acadamy who have performed very badly. Chairman and CEO announce they are leaving. Nobody knows what Director of Cricket does. Dont know who is responsible for recruitment but is a disaster. First Briggs I think on 3 year contract. Into season realise he doesnt turn it. Must now realise why Hampshire didnt play him in 4 day games. Release a spinner who not only goes on to do well with bat and ball for Essex but outstanding in IPL. This year take on Evans not deemed up to 4 day cricket by previous county but now batting 4/5 for us. I wont go on to the 2 Kolpak players from SA at least 1 is on 3 year contract. Both just here for the money and not career. Early days but good chance they will not win us many games. Glad i didnt renew membership and will pick and choose when to attend. Good luck Rob Andrew

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We haven't just lost every game (bar rain affected) we have been smashed to pieces.

Gents, I think there should be a rule that from now on Sussex are only talked about for comedy value.

Anything else could provoke self harm

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Valid game under D/L after 10 overs. We are so poor because we have the wrong Coach, Captain and can't seem to bat. Oh and we don't have a Spinner worthy of the name.
Other than that we are tickety boo, we just need to play against teams whose first sport is not cricket.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We haven't just lost every game (bar rain affected) we have been smashed to pieces.

Gents, I think there should be a rule that from now on Sussex are only talked about for comedy value.

Anything else could provoke self harm

Well the chance Nash dropped was comical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The 4 day match v South Africa should go ahead at Arundel now? I think it was subject to us not progressing in this tournament.
Hope so I want a day in Arundel.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
What a joke. Coach goes after relegation. New ideas needed so we make cosy in house replacement. Chairman and CEO decide new position of Director of Cricket needed. Another cosy in house appointment to head of Acadamy who have performed very badly. Chairman and CEO announce they are leaving. Nobody knows what Director of Cricket does. Dont know who is responsible for recruitment but is a disaster. First Briggs I think on 3 year contract. Into season realise he doesnt turn it. Must now realise why Hampshire didnt play him in 4 day games. Release a spinner who not only goes on to do well with bat and ball for Essex but outstanding in IPL. This year take on Evans not deemed up to 4 day cricket by previous county but now batting 4/5 for us. I wont go on to the 2 Kolpak players from SA at least 1 is on 3 year contract. Both just here for the money and not career. Early days but good chance they will not win us many games. Glad i didnt renew membership and will pick and choose when to attend. Good luck Rob Andrew

I was there yesterday and Rob Andrew was mingling during the rain stoppage

From my 5 minute conversation (admittedly not much) he seems capable, so as you say, good luck to him

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I was there yesterday and Rob Andrew was mingling during the rain stoppage

From my 5 minute conversation (admittedly not much) he seems capable, so as you say, good luck to him

But will he have the cojones and the authority to clear out the stables?

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
The 4 day match v South Africa should go ahead at Arundel now? I think it was subject to us not progressing in this tournament.
Hope so I want a day in Arundel.

Won't be confirmed until mathematically certain Sussex won't feature in the QF. I doubt you'd get long odds against it though! Game is v South Africa 'A', not the main touring side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here