Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now TV and alternate options

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Okay so I've had enough of shelling out over £100 a month for Sky.

In a nutshell I want a package deal of TV, phone and broadband which will run alongside my Kodi. I do not require movies and happy for sports to go as well - providing I can buy a pass for when Brighton are on, which is why Now TV seems like a good option.

Any feedback from Now TV customers would be greatly appreciated. Also be interested to hear of other options on the market at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I have used nowtv on and off, good value when I bought the boxes and passes sets when they are discounted. So watched some films I would have missed and Game of thrones plus some other dramas. I use it for the football and a game costs me £7 with no real hassle. I could watch the game in a pub and spend the £7 on 2 pints but that then leads to more expenditure , bus& more beer. Also on a rainy night I don't have to leave the house. You don't need a box you can just use your pc , signing up is free. It is a good option to have, even if it is only a backup position. you can only have 4 devices associated with any account.

I am reviewing my BB package which is completely separate to the above.

I really like Now TV however, as just mentioned the 4 device limit is a joke. Netflix operate a max number of simultaneous screens which seems to work.

In ours, like most others I suspect with a couple of teenage kids, we have 4 tellys, 3 ipads, a desktop PC, a laptop, 2 games consoles and 4 mobile phones. To just be able to use Now TV on 4 of our 17 devices is ridiculously restrictive.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
anyone buying now tv passes be aware you can do through quidco with some good rates. Bought a weeks pass thursday for £10.99 but get £7 cashback which is a nice touch !

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
We have two Now TV boxes in the house on two TVs upstairs, both run off the same account and can be used at the same time. I think we pay £8 for a month for Entertainment package and £11 a month for movies and don't seem to be missing much. Has all the On Demand stuff as well, seems better than the stuff provided by Virgin on the TV downstairs (not a big fan of Virgin TV service but they have the best broadnband by some distance so still have them as a provider, will look into cutting the TV out though probably at some point). All seems good value to me.

A good tip. When you choose to cancel the entertainment package or the movies, every time I've been offered a much lower rate for the next 3-6 months. This is done online and you don't need to speak to anyone.

Hardly ever buy a day pass for footy and a week pass for an extra £4 can in theory get you 10 x as many games. Timing the start of the pass is important too. Start at 4pm Sunday you will get the 4pm Sunday game, all the games all week and the lunchtime games the following Sunday.

In other words, when we are on at 4pm Sunday next season, don't activate the pass in the morning then go to the pub for lunch, returning just in time for the game

RustyKent

Jun 2, 2014
Herne Bay
Okay so I've had enough of shelling out over £100 a month for Sky.

In a nutshell I want a package deal of TV, phone and broadband which will run alongside my Kodi. I do not require movies and happy for sports to go as well - providing I can buy a pass for when Brighton are on, which is why Now TV seems like a good option.

Any feedback from Now TV customers would be greatly appreciated. Also be interested to hear of other options on the market at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't pay that much, cancel and you will be offered at least 50% off. I'm paying around £60 for Sky sports and BT broadband combined.

This thread on hot deals UK gives you an idea off what discounts you can get.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/75-o...hen-call-specific-number-3-weeks-1741671?page

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here