Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket pricing for League 1

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Well if the pricing is similar although cheaper, if you want to see every match then it still makes financial sense to get a season ticket

Die hards like yourself Lame-o would do it still because you want to watch every ALBION game regardless of who they play but thousands won't be next season as they can pick & choose what games to go to in a half empty stadium

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Well if the pricing is similar although cheaper, if you want to see every match then it still makes financial sense to get a season ticket

It certainly does, but I think the point he's trying to make is that far less people are likely to be attracted to fixtures against uninspiring opposition. A lot of season tickets belong to newer fans that jumped on the gravy train, they've no interest in games against Rochdale, Scunthorpe etc so it won't be worth having a season ticket when you can pick and choose the games you want. In League One I think our average will be somewhere around the 12k figure.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Correct. Our wage costs would be much lower as obviously there will be relegation clauses or similar written into the players contracts.
It's amazing how stupid some are on here as they go on about losses and reduced crowds etc etc....They don't realise that our wage bill alone will drop from 23 million + to around 10/12 million and also we'll recieve a fair few millions in selling players etc etc.
Then we will rebuild and mould hopefully a young squad and progress the right way:thumbsup:

Getting relegated is far far from a disaster and personally think we may be better off financially as players wages in the championship are hideous compared to having young talented players in league 1.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It certainly does, but I think the point he's trying to make is that far less people are likely to be attracted to fixtures against uninspiring opposition. A lot of season tickets belong to newer fans that jumped on the gravy train, they've no interest in games against Rochdale, Scunthorpe etc so it won't be worth having a season ticket when you can pick and choose the games you want. In League One I think our average will be somewhere around the 12k figure.

Yep...agree with both of you...just trying to offer a different angle :thumbsup:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It's amazing how stupid some are on here as they go on about losses and reduced crowds etc etc....They don't realise that our wage bill alone will drop from 23 million + to around 10/12 million and also we'll recieve a fair few millions in selling players etc etc.
Then we will rebuild and mould hopefully a young squad and progress the right way:thumbsup:

Getting relegated is far far from a disaster and personally think we may be better off financially as players wages in the championship are hideous compared to having young talented players in league 1.

Which young talent do you propose we'll be playing in League One?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
That's your opinion,but we've always had a big fan base and will attract big crowds as we now have a proper stadium unlike before.If we go down we'll still get 16/17k and certainly not 12k as no doubt you said 12k when we first moved to the amex.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
To be honest why would anyone need a season ticket if we were in League 1, a 30,000 stadium with gates of around 12,000/15,000
With 15,000 seats available for every game why bother having one, it was different the first season at Amex 22,000 capacity people didn't didn't want to miss out on an exciting new era for the club so most of us bought a season ticket when we've never bothered before at the Goldstone or WITHDEAN
The interest free direct debit is a good deal but to watch 23 games with the likes Scunthorpe Rochdale Fleetwood etc maybe not so appealing to many if we were to get relegated
if we are winning games WHY NOT???

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That's your opinion,but we've always had a big fan base and will attract big crowds as we now have a proper stadium unlike before.If we go down we'll still get 16/17k and certainly not 12k as no doubt you said 12k when we first moved to the amex.

My opinion is based on the fact we are currently getting crowds of about 16k, and I question how many of those attendees are people that feel obligated to go as they've forked out for a season ticket?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Most of the talk of being in League 1 is irrelevant anyway as we are lucky enough this season to have 3 worse clubs than us in the division to keep us up, IMO

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Barber made £650,000 in one year, which is pretty quick in my view.

No doubt this included a bonus for meeting FFP which has directly affected the quality of our playing squad.
The running costs of the club are not affected by which league we are in as they are constant.
Do not see any reduction in Ticket prices for that reason.
I expect the travel subsidy to be taken away this year.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Oh come on.

It may be better if we get relegated? Seriously?

I know all football fans like a good grumble at their clubs but I think attendances will drop big time if we get relegated. There is a fair bit of fan resentment about Barber's penny pinching, his salary, FFP references and the club's somewhat irrational (to my mind anyway) focus on wanting to build a hotel. The only thing we want to see is success on the football field and, rightly or wrongly, the club are gaining a reputation of being more focused on the business side than what is going on on the pitch.

This may or may not be true, but I think it is a perception which is increasingly gaining ground and which will put a lot off people renewing if we get relegated this season. If results are of secondary importance why bother going will be the mantra.....

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
No doubt this included a bonus for meeting FFP which has directly affected the quality of our playing squad.
The running costs of the club are not affected by which league we are in as they are constant.
Do not see any reduction in Ticket prices for that reason.
I expect the travel subsidy to be taken away this year.

Pretty much every club in the league met FFP despite getting smaller attendances than us but I would have thought Barber is the best paid CEO in the division. For that reason, I think his salary is obscene.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Premier League Ready, FFP, Premier League Ready FFP......

Barber's rather quiet on both fronts these days.

100% this.
At the fans forum he was talking about increasing attendances, his silence recently has been deafening.
Just over one month away from the renewal letters, he is going to need all of his pr skills to shift these in great numbers again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here