Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Small minority of idiots in our support today

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm not sure it is necessary. There has been a complaint made to the club and it is they who will determine the truth. If your relative was not involved he has nothing to worry about. I was around in the 70s and 80s and wasn't impressed by similar behaviour in those days so I'm not sure that is much of an excuse. As a side issue It will be interesting to see whether any of the alleged yobs were using 'borrowed' loyalty points. If so then the STH who did the lending can expect a 5 o'clock knock. That part is pure speculation on my part but regular away days that build high points totals is expensive..
As another side issue [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] seems a solid poster on NSC and regular away fan so no need to doubt his account. He posted the story on NSC because it is of interest to regular away fans (including myself) and sure enough others have similar tales to tell about this group. It seems like exactly what a football message board exists to discuss.

:goal:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So you think it's fine to post on NSC about your own problems at away games, such as not being able to watch the games properly as you can't stand up for 90 minutes, but you appear to take issue with others describing their own problems at away games.

Ok.

Unless I’ve missed it still no reply from @thunderbolt to your above post, no surprise there as you well and truly called her out!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I'm not sure it is necessary. There has been a complaint made to the club and it is they who will determine the truth. If your relative was not involved he has nothing to worry about. I was around in the 70s and 80s and wasn't impressed by similar behaviour in those days so I'm not sure that is much of an excuse. As a side issue It will be interesting to see whether any of the alleged yobs were using 'borrowed' loyalty points. If so then the STH who did the lending can expect a 5 o'clock knock. That part is pure speculation on my part but regular away days that build high points totals is expensive..
As another side issue [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] seems a solid poster on NSC and regular away fan so no need to doubt his account. He posted the story on NSC because it is of interest to regular away fans (including myself) and sure enough others have similar tales to tell about this group. It seems like exactly what a football message board exists to discuss.

Someone has already pointed out in this thread that some away fans don't sit in their own seats, surprise, surprise.
If Giraffe has reported fans in seat numbers behind him, those that should have been in those seats my get accused of playing up.
Obviously this isn't my issue here.

But if any investigation is carried out will the club go by Giraffe saying it was that lot in the photo?
Will the club believe him?

You say " I'm not sure it's necessary"
For my own piece of mind I would like to know if he was or wasn't causing a problem at the game.

I have never had an issue with Giraffe in the past, and I'm not doubting he is a solid poster.
But he has changed his story twice and I'm not sure I would want to see anyone I know banned from Albion games for being accused of spitting at a fellow fan.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Someone has already pointed out in this thread that some away fans don't sit in their own seats, surprise, surprise.
If Giraffe has reported fans in seat numbers behind him, those that should have been in those seats my get accused of playing up.

But if any investigation is carried out will the club go by Giraffe saying it was that lot in the photo?

For my own piece of mind I would like to know if he was or wasn't causing a problem at the game.

I have never had an issue with Giraffe in the past, and I'm not doubting he is a solid poster.
But he has changed his story twice and I'm not sure I would want to see anyone I know banned from Albion games for being accused of spitting at a fellow fan.

Assuming the OP knows his seat/row then the club will be able to look at CCTV to identify who was behind him (visually at least).

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

They don't need to take Giraffe's word for it. CCTV will sort that problem and a hand on the shoulder from the authorities at the next home match will presumably follow if the club are unhappy with the behaviour seen on film.

getreal1

Aug 13, 2008
Without changing the nature of awaydays completely it's difficult to know how to eradicate it. Wouldn't be tolerated at the Amex. Expecting away stewards to enforce seat numbers and really boorish behaviour probably unrealistic.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here