Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
Just the beginning of the crumble. Denmark and Czechs will be the first to follow and then watch a few others follow. The EU will crumble back to what it was in the 70s before we joined.
that has to be their biggest concern the domino effect .you can see it coming that's why the EU are trying the bully boy tactics to try and scare others into thinking again about leaving
regards
DR

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
that has to be their biggest concern the domino effect .you can see it coming that's why the EU are trying the bully boy tactics to try and scare others into thinking again about leaving
regards
DR

Again, never mind other countries. What happens to the UK if we leave the EU without a deal.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Maybe, maybe not. Thats rhetorical.
Talk about the UK. They are the ones who have signaled leaving the EU.
If we leave the EU with no deal, then what?

Economically we will suffer for 2-3 years, during that time new deals will be made some with the rest of world, some back with the EU who will also have felt some pain from the loss of sales, most notably Germany cars.

Then we will start to recover and years 4-7 will see a better position. By year 10 I expect us to be flourishing, I expect a new vote on possibly rejoining the EU as a customs agreement only, similar to when we went in last time, and I expect that the country will narrowly decide to do that on the basis that other sovereignty issues won't be given away as they were before.

Then we will repeat the last 40 years with the EU encouraging great influence again, us resisting, then giving in.

That said, the EU may well be weaker by then as said above, so we have a chance to retain what most of us voted for.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Again, never mind other countries. What happens to the UK if we leave the EU without a deal.

But practically, I really don't think your average man or woman on the street will notice a single damn thing. Life will go on, as it has done through far harder times than this. It will be a good lesson for the snowflakes.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Economically we will suffer for 2-3 years, during that time new deals will be made some with the rest of world, some back with the EU who will also have felt some pain from the loss of sales, most notably Germany cars.

Then we will start to recover and years 4-7 will see a better position. By year 10 I expect us to be flourishing, I expect a new vote on possibly rejoining the EU as a customs agreement only, similar to when we went in last time, and I expect that the country will narrowly decide to do that on the basis that other sovereignty issues won't be given away as they were before.

Then we will repeat the last 40 years with the EU encouraging great influence again, us resisting, then giving in.

That said, the EU may well be weaker by then as said above, so we have a chance to retain what most of us voted for.

2 or 3 years with trade with the rest of the world? 80% of the rest of the world is poor. Trading with the EU, will be with their tariffs, and more expensive. 2-3 years to make a trade deal would be fairly unusual, looking at historical trade deals, dont you think?

Last edited:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

It's a shame Mogg and other Brexiteers don't share your optimism!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It is interesting that at the same time the hard Brexiteers are saying how we will be fine if we leave without a deal, and we will still trade just as much with the EU, they are saying how bad it will be for the EU, because they will lose trade with us. They still are trying to have their cake and eat it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's a shame Mogg and other Brexiteers don't share your optimism!

"Then we will repeat the last 40 years with the EU encouraging great influence again, us resisting, then giving in."......

That is [B[optimism[/B]? Wow!....................................

Jan 30, 2008
Get back to your Janet and John book. You are incapable in this discussion. Stop embarrassing yourself.
there's nothing to discuss , you're just fishing around hoping to prove a point ,THE POINT IS WE'RE LEAVING THE EU WITH OR WITHOUT A DEAL ,life will go on and the country will still function , sleep easy not long now
regards
DR

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
there's nothing to discuss , you're just fishing around hoping to prove a point ,THE POINT IS WE'RE LEAVING THE EU WITH OR WITHOUT A DEAL ,life will go on and the country will still function , sleep easy not long now
regards
DR

Im not trying to prove any point. Im asking you, how will leaving the EU affect the UK if there is no deal. As expected, its something that cannot penetrate the walnut you are using.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here