Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] North Stand Chat featured on the Guardian

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
These fluff pieces don't appear out of thin air ... come on who's mates with Jem stone? :D

Well deserved recognition none the less, even if it's in such a disreputable fake news outlet like the Graudian.

I pitched it to WSC a while back and they printed it earlier this year. With thanks to various contributors on here who helped with putting it together. Occasionally they syndicate some of their text pieces to the Guardian which is what happened today. Its affectionate but not exactly fluff i think. And yes. Come on. Who is mates with this "Jem Stone ?"

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I pitched it to WSC a while back and they printed it earlier this year. With thanks to various contributors on here who helped with putting it together. Occasionally they syndicate some of their text pieces to the Guardian which is what happened today. Its affectionate but not exactly fluff i think. And yes. Come on. Who is mates with this "Jem Stone ?"

:wave: I am.

Anyone remotely responsible for Turn It Up! is a friend of mine.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

More power to you then .. a good job well done. :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“The Brighton CEO, Paul Barber, cannot quite be persuaded to register on the site, but he is prone to writing numerous 1,000-word emails in response to any manner of issues ”

:lolol:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I’m a fairly new member only a few years, but I still get amazed by the breadth of help, knowledge and humour that abounds on NSC. I’ve always been treated well even though I’m only half a fan..... and there is no other place I’d rather be for anything to do with women, politics, life and the Albion.
Great, true article.

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South

We all are, of course

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
First time I've read this as missed it in WSC.
Nicely done, Jem.

'Mostly older Albion fans', though? At 33, am I still one of the younger breed? That's both exciting and depressing in equal measure.
I hope this isn't a medium that's had its day. It doesn't feel like it is.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
First time I've read this as missed it in WSC.
Nicely done, Jem.

'Mostly older Albion fans', though? At 33, am I still one of the younger breed? That's both exciting and depressing in equal measure.
I hope this isn't a medium that's had its day. It doesn't feel like it is.

I remember being 33. Those carefree days, with no responsibilities. A blissful ignorance of how the world works. Things seemed so much different back then

(I'm 34 now)

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
An update describing the humour and power of a community of 10,000 detectives might make even more compelling reading....

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I remember being 33. Those carefree days, with no responsibilities. A blissful ignorance of how the world works. Things seemed so much different back then

(I'm 34 now)

I always imagined you were younger than that, [MENTION=6625]Badger[/MENTION].
I think it's the sheer force of hatred and musings of doom that you could bring to the office environment, on the Bellcheeses thread that gave me a picture of an anarchic student-type. Perhaps with a Free Tibet sticker on your jacket. Or death to office dogs tattoo.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Not for me, if I'm being honest.

Much like the Albion, I prefer it when NSC operates below the radar... :shrug:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

(I'm 34 now)

On reflection i was a little bit broad when i tried to capture NSC in 800 or 900 words. If i was doing it again i might have been a bit more nuanced about the age/gender profile of the users. Not all middle aged men !
Also something i ignored is how the political side of things (Trump, Corbyn, Brexit ) fuels a fair bit of engagement on some threads and probably makes the moderators jobs a bit harder.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not for me, if I'm being honest.

Much like the Albion, I prefer it when NSC operates below the radar... :shrug:

Back in the day we knew how to deal with snowflakes.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I always imagined you were younger than that, [MENTION=6625]Badger[/MENTION].
I think it's the sheer force of hatred and musings of doom that you could bring to the office environment, on the Bellcheeses thread that gave me a picture of an anarchic student-type. Perhaps with a Free Tibet sticker on your jacket. Or death to office dogs tattoo.

Well I did move over to Canada to become a student again, albeit quite briefly. You won't see me going on any protest marches. A "death to office dogs" tattoo though, interesting idea...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here