Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time to drop Murray?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I am not the biggest fan of Murray but no one can deny the worth of his goals this season. So when fighting Relegation you don't drop your top goal scorer.

On top of that, you want the match against Palace to be a stop/start type of game. You don't want a high tempo type of match when they have someone like Zaha in their side. And on that note I am not overly confident of Schelotto dealing with Zaha on his own so I would be playing Schelotto right midfield with Bruno at full back so that they have a double up on him because Schelotto still has a decent defending and attacking option in that role. Palace game is about coming away with a 0-0
Playing for a draw is all very well, except if you don't quite make it, it's a disaster. Play to win - ALMOST succeed and you can still get a point.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Time to bin the player who's goals haven probably given us another season in the PL. Take a look at yourselves some of you. Murray didn't get any service Saturday what do you expect him to do?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Managers seem to revert to that when their team's conceding loads of goals and losing as a result, for example Chelsea at the start of last season.

We don't concede too many.

Scoring goals is our achilles heel.
Scoring goals is everyone's achilles heel outside the top 6.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Murray's recent goal rush, was on the back of the recent signings of Locadia and Ulloa.
I know that strikers do have goal droughts, but IMO, it's time to give Ulloa and Locadia starting position, to see what they can do and take the pressure off Murray.

Nondescript Nick

May 19, 2017
Time to bin the player who's goals haven probably given us another season in the PL. Take a look at yourselves some of you. Murray didn't get any service Saturday what do you expect him to do?

Exactly right.

Benching Murray is the correct response only if you're seeking a short term solution to appeasing the petulant, knee jerk demands of the bloodthirsty blame seekers.

Presumably these are the same people who, having wanted CH gone earlier in the season, then hailing him Caesar following the Arsenal game, now want him dragged through the streets in adult incontinence pants and stoned along along with Murray.

Give me eleven Glenn Murray's coached by a CH any day, over whatever else the whiners are proposing.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Exactly right.

Benching Murray is the correct response only if you're seeking a short term solution to appeasing the petulant, knee jerk demands of the bloodthirsty blame seekers.

Presumably these are the same people who, having wanted CH gone earlier in the season, then hailing him Caesar following the Arsenal game, now want him dragged through the streets in adult incontinence pants and stoned along along with Murray.

Give me eleven Glenn Murray's coached by a CH any day, over whatever else the whiners are proposing.

Hi Glenn.

Roddy

Feb 14, 2005

Take the chances that come his way maybe?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Exactly right.

Benching Murray is the correct response only if you're seeking a short term solution.
Actually, if you want to think about it sensibly instead of sneering at NSC, with five games to go to keep our place in this division a short term solution is exactly what we need. Whether that means dropping Murray or not is a different question - but we do need a short term solution, and fast.

Presumably these are the same people who, having wanted CH gone earlier in the season, then hailing him Caesar following the Arsenal game, now want him dragged through the streets in adult incontinence pants.
Name them.

Can't? Stupid comment then...................

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
FFS :facepalm:

ffs.JPG

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Bad miss, but you know, it’s the end of the game and he’s there in the right position at the right time. Very frustrating not to have equalised, but I’d be more concerned if he wasn’t even getting into positions to miss.

Biggest concern yesterday was lack of quality into the box / final third, and lack of urgency closing down space in our final third. It was as bad as i think I’ve seen us all season that first half.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He should of had 20 goals this season , last month not been in form a rest would do him good

His goal to chances ratio would be better than anyone. Yeah he’s missed yesterday, and v Leicester, but it’s not like he’s missing 3 or 4 chances in a match. Even the very top strikers are 1 goal from 3 or 4 chances. Murray needs a 100% conversion rate following comments on here.

Nondescript Nick

May 19, 2017
Actually, if you want to think about it sensibly instead of sneering at NSC, with five games to go to keep our place in this division a short term solution is exactly what we need. Whether that means dropping Murray or not is a different question - but we do need a short term solution, and fast.

Name them.

Can't? Stupid comment then...................

What's more stupid is taking my first comment out of context and chopping off the second half of it.

Had you not done so, you would have realised that it referred to a short term solution to the appeasement of whiners who bleat on a game by game basis, not to a short term solution to the team's 'woes'. If a solution to that is to be found, IMO it's not by withdrawing from the team someone who has brought so much to the table throughout the season. Even if we are take this game for which so many wish to make him the scapegoat, I would suggest pointing the vengeful finger of blame at a defence whose careless conceding of three goals put Murray's miss in the spotlight. Or the tame surrender of our midfield which put the defence under pressure. A strike force that score two goals away from home in a derby match? No, they did their job. But even if Murray must be sent to the gallows, he is to be cast aside for whom, exactly? As I said - a short term solution to silence the whiners, but nothing that would improve the team.

As for your ridiculous request for 'names', the latter part of my post (prefixed with the word 'presumably') is clearly a general dig at those whose cry baby whingeing veers from player to player, or to manager, or to chairman, or to Chief Executive after every defeat or bad run. This is a football messageboard, not a university dissertation requiring footnotes, indexes and bibliographies.

You need to get a grip, and not the type that you obviously had during your sub standard post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here