Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Sam Baldock 'Saga'

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I hope your right it's time we got the squad building done.

I am not in the know at all, but a female friend of my brother's (I know:lol:) who has been right before with Vicente, said expect an announcement today. Might be rubbish, I don't know and I dont want to be one of the idiots on here who pretends to know, but I thought I'd pass it on. She didn't give a name so probably not Baldock.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I would LOVE us to sign Jelle Vossen, said this for weeks. It seems Middlesborough have dropped their interest after signing other strikers and Vossen wants out of Genk. I'm sure that if we stumped up a good offer (haha!) he would sign for us. I believe that Sami is a fan of his and watched him while he was manager of Bayer Leverkusen

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus: No more bids from #bhafc for Sam Baldock.....yet, according to Bristol contact. Don't rule it out before the deadline.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
What price would Genk want for him?

If only our scouting network could unearth the next Berbatov.

Abut £4.5 million would probably do it.
Huge gamble and wages might be an issue, but what a statement of intent! Would put bums on seats and send shirt sales through the roof.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I would LOVE us to sign Jelle Vossen, said this for weeks. It seems Middlesborough have dropped their interest after signing other strikers and Vossen wants out of Genk. I'm sure that if we stumped up a good offer (haha!) he would sign for us. I believe that Sami is a fan of his and watched him while he was manager of Bayer Leverkusen
If we get Vossen I'll be delighted.

Exactly the signing we need to replace Leo.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Quite funny from wiki
Vossen is known to be a massive fan of english championship side Middlesbrough. It is is that he would walk over hot coals for the chance to play just one game for the club.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If we get Vossen I'll be delighted.

Exactly the signing we need to replace Leo.

This was in the papers up north

MIDDLESBROUGH will withdraw their interest in Jelle Vossen unless Belgian club Genk halve their current asking price for the striker.
Having failed in a £4m pursuit of Vossen last summer, Boro officials have rekindled their interest in the 25-year-old in the last few days and held a number of discussions with their counterparts at Genk.
With another year of Vossen’s contract having expired since they last made an offer, the Teessiders had been hoping to land the forward for around £3m this summer.

However, Genk are understood to have dismissed such a valuation out of hand, and claimed they would be looking for between £7-8m !!!!!! before they would even consider agreeing a deal.

End of interest then eh

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Quite funny from wiki
Vossen is known to be a massive fan of english championship side Middlesbrough. It is is that he would walk over hot coals for the chance to play just one game for the club.

The page was lasted edited "This page was last modified on 16 August 2014 at 08:41." probably by a Middlesbrough fan one would assume and the second sentence hasn't even been proof read! GARBAGE

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
This was in the papers up north

MIDDLESBROUGH will withdraw their interest in Jelle Vossen unless Belgian club Genk halve their current asking price for the striker.
Having failed in a £4m pursuit of Vossen last summer, Boro officials have rekindled their interest in the 25-year-old in the last few days and held a number of discussions with their counterparts at Genk.
With another year of Vossen’s contract having expired since they last made an offer, the Teessiders had been hoping to land the forward for around £3m this summer.

However, Genk are understood to have dismissed such a valuation out of hand, and claimed they would be looking for between £7-8m !!!!!! before they would even consider agreeing a deal.

End of interest then eh
Cool. We can afford that from the 8-10 million fee for Leo !

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here