Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Dave - What exactly does he do?!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I was disappointed when I heard that he was playing but he had his best game of the season against Leicester.

As it should be. We can all have opinions on who should start, and I doubt many would have thought him being sat in the stand would have been unfair, but everyone has to be happy when a player does well.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Spanish Dave and Orlandi at the tail end of last season, jesus wept, if they can create that form we will all be loving life.

He has been very poor so far this season, however I prefer him in the middle not out wide. lets see if he can kick on now, hopefully he will, because who doesnt want to see Orlandi to Lopez to Ulloa, 1-0 Albion.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Watching it on telly the fascinating thing is watching Dave looking up two or three times and and waiting, and waiting, for Conway to be far enough up the pitch for his inch perfect pass. Some long passes are really 'put it in roughly the right place, and he'll get there'. But this was sublime - as he was looking up, you knew what he was wanting to do.

This. Although I preferred the pass for the first goal. I don't know how people can describe these as "a couple of decent passes". They were both simply sublime, the kind of thing that we turn up to football matches for. That combination of timing, vision, technique and execution suggest that he is categorically not a very poor player. He has been, on the whole, dire this season, but he wasn't on Saturday, particularly in the first half, and he wasn't for most of last season.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
This. Although I preferred the pass for the first goal. I don't know how people can describe these as "a couple of decent passes". They were both simply sublime, the kind of thing that we turn up to football matches for. That combination of timing, vision, technique and execution suggest that he is categorically not a very poor player. He has been, on the whole, dire this season, but he wasn't on Saturday, particularly in the first half, and he wasn't for most of last season.

Agreed

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Subbed after an hour for about the 15th time this season.

There's just no point playing him if he has 1 good game every 3 months.

That. It would appear Leicester was his one good game. Its December. Dont give me all that pre season stuff as he has had a bloody good run in the side.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
You describe the two assists as 'a couple of decent passes'. :lolol:

Regardless of where he has been, what he has done before, he was great on Saturday. As a fan, you can only be incredibly satisfied when a player who has been poor so far, turns in a very good performance. To do otherwise is to just be so blinkered in your own opinion as to be unable to acknowledge when someone has played well.

If Spanish Dave hits some form, it is going to be brilliant for our team, there is no other way of looking at it.

He's doing terrific again now! :ffsparr: A complete waste of a shirt!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
But you never bounced it after the 20 games hes been shite this season.ok today and good goal but needs to push in from this.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So he is the new Ashley Barnes then

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
But you never bounced it after the 20 games hes been shite this season.ok today and good goal but needs to push in from this.

I'd agree he was below par for the majority of the time since his re-signing but after the Leicester match his performances have improved without being spectacular, today was his best game since Leicester.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here