Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Official NFL 2018 Thread

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
How was no one mentioned the unbelievable performance from the mighty BUCS down in New Orleans last night!!

and without our starting QB

wheel loose the next 10..

That was a great performance from what I saw on 'Red Zone', replacement (Fitzpatrick?) had an outstanding game, 4 passings TDs, 1 rushing TD and 417 yds passing iirc. Highest scoring (combined) starter game in the Superbowl era.

Anyway, it was nice to see the Skins open up with a fairly impressive win that hopefully we can build on (and keep people fit), the Giants and Dallas both lose and the Browns get a draw :thumbsup: Shame about the Broncos and Patriots winning but oh well.

PersianNYer15

Jul 25, 2018
New York/New Jersey
I’m yet to catch up with all of the highlights from the weekend yet, and it looks as though there’s some real drama to look forward to. After the Jags game myself and Mrs DFP tuned in to cheer on the Browns, every year we have a soft spot for the featured Hard Knocks team, such a Browns way to finish a game.

Congrats on your win as long as fournette stays healthy you should expect another strong season. I will say though you can be certain that this year will be a lot tougher given the colts look much better now they have their golden boy back. Not saying they will be a major threat but with them improving, the Titans with a new offensive scheme (too early to tell if they’ve improved or not but regardless they’re a decent team), and the a regularly solid team in the Texans, there won’t be any easy games. Mariota going down is pretty big but doesn’t seem his injury is too serious.

I was looking forward to seeing fournette in person I bought tickets a few months back but unfortunately I had to give them away due to a last minute out of town emergency. Your defense didn’t wow me as much as last year Odell was feasting all over Ramsey I was loving every second of it ;) but again it’s week 1 and I’m not sure if wou will face many better offenses than ours.

That was a great performance from what I saw on 'Red Zone', replacement (Fitzpatrick?) had an outstanding game, 4 passings TDs, 1 rushing TD and 417 yds passing iirc. Highest scoring (combined) starter game in the Superbowl era.

Anyway, it was nice to see the Skins open up with a fairly impressive win that hopefully we can build on (and keep people fit), the Giants and Dallas both lose and the Browns get a draw :thumbsup: Shame about the Broncos and Patriots winning but oh well.

It Ftiz keeps this up he will almost certainly take the #1 spot from jaboo when he is able to play as of week 4. The thing though with Fitz has never been that he lacks talent but rather his inability to consistently perform throughout the season. He will have games where he throws 2-3 TDs and throws for 250-300 yards but then he’ll have a game where he falls apart and throws 4-5 picks. He’s the ideal 2nd string to have honestly bc if you need a few games out of him you’re good.

And also don’t count on the giants continuing to lose ;) the offense showed a lot of promise as expected, the defense still needs some work though. I expect a tight race for the wild card between the giants and skins maybe one can even win the division. Cowboys will be the doormat of the division needless to say

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Congrats on your win as long as fournette stays healthy you should expect another strong season. I will say though you can be certain that this year will be a lot tougher given the colts look much better now they have their golden boy back. Not saying they will be a major threat but with them improving, the Titans with a new offensive scheme (too early to tell if they’ve improved or not but regardless they’re a decent team), and the a regularly solid team in the Texans, there won’t be any easy games. Mariota going down is pretty big but doesn’t seem his injury is too serious.

I was looking forward to seeing fournette in person I bought tickets a few months back but unfortunately I had to give them away due to a last minute out of town emergency. Your defense didn’t wow me as much as last year Odell was feasting all over Ramsey I was loving every second of it ;) but again it’s week 1 and I’m not sure if wou will face many better offenses than ours.
That wasn’t Ramsey’s best game by any stretch, he has an off game every now and then but when he does it normally means he’ll play elite for the next 3-4 games. For some reason Todd Wash kept putting the secondary in zone coverage which was frustrating but I guess ultimately it worked out. Fournette is a concern, he’s such a tough runner, but there are definitely question marks over the durability of his ankles and legs :( considering we’re a run-first team the back up is quite inadequate, TJ Yeldon got the job done but he simply can’t put in the hard yards that Fournette can. I think the AFC South will be very competitive this year but I do believe we still have the quality to come out on top, even though we’ll inevitably lose both games to the damn Tacks. I’m really intrigued to see how Watson does at Texas.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I have started watching College Football now, picking Arizona State as my team, purely on the basis of their cool uniform :thumbsup:. But why do they wear shorts in College Football?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I have started watching College Football now, picking Arizona State as my team, purely on the basis of their cool uniform :thumbsup:. But why do they wear shorts in College Football?

Find Pac-12 network on you tube, they now live stream their gameday coverage and ASU may well get coverage as they tend to play when no one else does (except maybe err Arizona!) Particularly early season when it is the out of of conference slate.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Blimey, you'll be keeping strange hours if you intend watching games live; their next couple of matches start at 3:30am UK time!

I may have to rely on catching up with matches shown on ESPN plus any other sources I can find :)

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I may have to rely on catching up with matches shown on ESPN plus any other sources I can find :)

You can find most college (and NFL) games on you tube a day or a couple of days after. It's much easier to not find out the college scores as well.

If you search 'x vs y full match' and change the filter so it only shows long videos and videos from the last day or week or whatever fits your parameters.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

I signed up to USTVNOW a couple of seasons ago after a mate recommended it. All completely free & above board (its an online service for US personnel and ex pats abroad, but you dont have to prove it) You have a choice of about 9 free US channels - & on a Saturday evening have 3 or 4 of those channels showing different College Football games. Really easy to sign up, and no catches at all....

gmabel830

Aug 12, 2017
I have started watching College Football now, picking Arizona State as my team, purely on the basis of their cool uniform [emoji106]. But why do they wear shorts in College Football?
I post on this board all the way from Arizona and you have the audacity to pick my rival as your team? How dare you! [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

gmabel830

Aug 12, 2017
Looking like its going to be a long year for my Cardinals. At least we won't be relegated to the XFL. [emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Looking like its going to be a long year for my Cardinals. At least we won't be relegated to the XFL. [emoji3]

More interestingly the teams that finish last in the NFL get to pick first in the college (or any level but almost all players come from NCAA teams) draft.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Quite new to the NFL and American football. Always been interested and caught the Super Bowl when possible, never took time to invest fully though. After watching the City All or Nothing I discovered that the series begun in the NFL and have watched the Cardinals and the Rams series so far, as well done a wealth of reading up on the sport. Really glad I've got into it properly at the beginning of a new season.

Have picked the Giants as my team due to connections with NY. Seems like an exciting season ahead despite losing last weekend. Should be a great game tonight, shame it kicks off so late/early over here!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Andy Reid with your beer gut and walrus tash. Big Ben with your impossible completions. Can’t believe this thread is so far down the board with such an offense dominated game on live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And Big Ben completes on 4th & 3

Edit- and runs in the TD to keep this alive. 42-37

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bloody glad I had last week to enjoy.
Were it not for Crosby the Packers would be doomed today.

#2ManTeam

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here