Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are pure comedy at times. On this thread...

Admitted to taking alcohol into the ground then moaned about new rules.

Suggested the flask ban is financial and the club should be looking at removing the women's team to save money.

Now inferring mobiles are actually the danger by summarising the detail of a potential terrorist plot involving an unwitting steward who allowed the terrorist outside for a smoke.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Please get this right

1. Initially I brought in a drink that the club do not sell or make available. Am I the only person who mostly only drink spirits?

2 I do believe that PART of the reason behind the ban of flasks is for financial gain/ Despite what the club say. I believe that it was a consideration in this decision.

3 Not saying bin the ladies team but replying to a suggestion by El Pres that it is a large financial drain and would be binned rather than encourage more sales of drinks etc and what would be the ensuing flack.

4. .Giving a very simple view, as a layman, of how a bomb could be constructed and taken into the ground and the phone used to set it off as we all know the search at the gate isn't very diligent and my sons etc have asked to nip out for a smoke and been permitted then re admitted.without going through the ticket scanner again.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I strongly disagree. We should be told, otherwise it sets a dangerous precedent for clubs (and other places) banning anything they want on "security" grounds. There should be a strong comprehensive arguement as to why the item is banned. Not saying Barber would ban stuff for the wrong reasons but others might and it sends the wrong message.

I am usually at odds with you on the Brexit stuff but on this I think you are right.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Please get this right

1. Initially I brought in a drink that the club do not sell or make available. Am I the only person who mostly only drink spirits?

2 I do believe that PART of the reason behind the ban of flasks is for financial gain/ Despite what the club say. I believe that it was a consideration in this decision.

3 Not saying bin the ladies team but replying to a suggestion by El Pres that it is a large financial drain and would be binned rather than encourage more sales of drinks etv

4. .Giving a very simple viee of how a bomb could be constructed and taken into the ground and the phone used to set it off as well know the search at the gate isnt very fiulgent and my sons etc hav e asked to nip out for a smoke and been permitted the re admitted.without goinfg through the scanner again.

I am going to regret this but what the heck is 'fiulgent'?

Pickles

May 5, 2014
If it was financial and they thought they could make a few extra quid, then it would have been implemented when the club were making losses right up to the FFP limits in the 4 years before we got promoted, not now that we’re making a modest profit.

And if they wanted to improve that profit, then they’d bin another loss maker, such as funding a full time women’s team. It’d save far more money that any extra income on hot drinks (if indeed any extra drinks sales are possible with the kiosks seemingly already at full capacity). And I expect fewer people would care.

We're fighting amongst ourselvses here, so we're being divided and conquered.

It might only be flasks, but remember when 'Bottom line Paul' shut the Seven stars bar, used by the kids and parents pre and after match,because it wasn't 'making enough', we didn't do a thing, except moan on here.

Hey, I don't use a flask and never used the Seven stars bar, but OUR fellow supporters ( not customers ) do and did.

We all seem to be so happy clappy that we've forgotten how to look out for each other.

And no, before someone trotts out the inevitable mantra, I don't have £200 million or whatever etc etc.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No they don't HAVE to. But any club or company wanting to have a vague openness with their customers and supporters SHOULD. Otherwise we are just cattle hurded in, milked for cash and sent home.
They've banned metal containers for security reasons. It's quite clear to me. Exactly why, they are probably not in a position to do so but as I've posted above it should be obvious.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Please get this right

3 Not saying bin the ladies team but replying to a suggestion by El Pres that it is a large financial drain and would be binned rather than encourage more sales of drinks etv

4. .Giving a very simple viee of how a bomb could be constructed and taken into the ground and the phone used to set it off as well know the search at the gate isnt very fiulgent and my sons etc hav e asked to nip out for a smoke and been permitted the re admitted.without goinfg through the scanner again.

Nurse get the straight jacket :moo:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Please get this right

1. Initially I brought in a drink that the club do not sell or make available.

Irrespective of the quite obvious and long standing ban on taking your own high strength alcohol into a football ground....

What does your personal preference have anything to do with anything?

OK should the Amex open a whisky bar?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Please get this right

3 Not saying bin the ladies team but replying to a suggestion by El Pres that it is a large financial drain and would be binned rather than encourage more sales of drinks etc and what would be the ensuing flack.

4. .Giving a very simple view, as a layman, of how a bomb could be constructed and taken into the ground and the phone used to set it off as we all know the search at the gate isn't very diligent and my sons etc have asked to nip out for a smoke and been permitted then re admitted.without going through the ticket scanner again.

I find this one hard to believe

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
[/B]

I find this one hard to believe
Well it won't be happening anymore that's for sure.

Also as a layman on security matters I'd be genuinely surprised if a terrorist asked to be readmitted after detonating a bomb.

Even to pick up his flask.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well it won't be happening anymore that's for sure.

Also as a layman on security matters I'd be genuinely surprised if a terrorist asked to readmitted after detonating a bomb.

He wouldnt he would ask to go outside for a smoke and then vanish I would think but as they say it will be on CCTV. after the event. Perhaps I have been watching too many TV programs to get ideas :lolol: There are gates for catering staff etc to use between the sets of ticket scanners

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Out of interest, how many of 457 replies on this thread are from people who regularly or occasionally bring flasks to the football?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No they don't HAVE to. But any club or company wanting to have a vague openness with their customers and supporters SHOULD. Otherwise we are just cattle hurded in, milked for cash and sent home.

Yes but you want a 'strong comprehensive argument' for not allowing flasks, whereas the club want to say 'it's for security reasons'. All a detailed explanation would prompt would be even more questions and whiny emails for the club to have to reply to. Not sure why the club have to produce a long and detailed rationale for every decision they make...........

You don't have to go, you don't have to buy anything there when you do go - hardly herded and milked, it's all your own choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here