Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Neither Corbyn or May have a majority though. So it's difficult to say what's going to happen.

With regard to being members of the single market its quite easy to say what will happen.
Both parties campaigned on NEW arrangements with regard to the single market. You dont seek NEW arrangements if you are remaining members of it do you.
Ergo we will still be leaving being members of the single market, the country has voted to back this position being promoted by both Labour and Conservatives.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I assume that the tories, given their fervent stance against anyone who has had a dalliance with a 'terrorist' group, will revolt at the idea of governing with support from the DUP?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Amazing how the usual suspects are still trying to frame this solely within Brexit. General Elections are never single issue.

Brexit was a side issue, let's be honest - Who actually campaigned on brexit in the last few weeks, it was barely mentioned. It didn't play a part in any discussion or social media campaign I was part of, or saw.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Wow, the ITV coverage is so much better than BBC

I thought that too. They were about 20 seats ahead of the BBC on the scoreboard...its like the Beeb were about 30 mins behind the game. Really interesting having George Osbourne and Ed Balls there, talking about the machinations of the house and how the arithmetic worked....for example GO was saying that it is not a shoe in that the Torys can work with the DUP whom are different to the UUP (whom are their more natural allies in Ulster). GO was pumelling Theresa May (which I expect him to after she sacked him) and EB although saying Labour had done much better than expected a month ago, still are behind the Tories following Theresa May's woeful campaign and are not going to make the next govt.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
UK vote share change since 2015
after 643 of 650 seats

Labour + 9.6%
Con + 5.6%
Lib Dem - 0.6%
SNP -1.7%
Green -2.1%
UKIP -10.8%

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Watching TV and social media this morning, is this country now the most divided its ever been? Worrying times, whatever the colour of your rosette.

No, I don't think so. Democracy has been rejuvenated with high turnouts. The electorate have spoken and it's up to the politicians to make sense of the result. Division is only caused by juvenile unpleasantness on the internet.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
im done, cant drink anymore
+ babestation girls put their clothes back on at this time in the morning it seems......WTF is that all about?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Cancer Is a bit strong,washing a rather nasty pile of sick off the doorstep could be a better phrase.
Which ever way you look at it that granite faced old ratbag will not be hunting any foxes or stealing anyone's home.Rot in hell you hate filled pile of vomit.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Well until all parties grow up, introduce proportional representation and learn to govern with a coalition government and parliament that reflects the votes cast, there is no way we will have a strong and stable government.

(Or we can go on blaming the other lot - that's worked brilliantly up to now :facepalm:)

Last edited:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Amazing how the usual suspects are still trying to frame this solely within Brexit. General Elections are never single

Given Labour and the Tories are going to go ahead ahead with Brexit, a huge swing to Lib Dem would have been the Brexit protest vote. Given their share is more or less the same as the last election it would suggest its not the main issue for most people.

I think the lack of self awareness May showed was staggering. Even this morning she talks about stability where everyone has been taking the piss out of the phrase all night and beyond. Now she says she won't resign. What planet does she live on?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Lady May is not resigning at this time. Go girl[emoji3]

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I see you've prematurely ennobled her. Plenty within her party who'd happily pack her off to the Lords tomorrow I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
It would be lovely if certain types of poster could find it within themselves to enjoy the strong performance of their chosen party without resorting to nastiness and in this case demeaning the terminally ill. Maybe I'm just an idealist. JC has performed extraordinary well against expectation (including mine) and it's a shame that so many of his supporters lack his dignity.

I'm sorry describing something insidous as a cancer, isn't demeaning to terminally ill. It is widely used phrase to emphasise the wickedness of something. Reading that comment as an insensitve swipe at terminally ill (where does he mention terminally ill?) is frankly, either ignorant or sour grapes.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Amazing how the usual suspects are still trying to frame this solely within Brexit. General Elections are never single issue.

My vote was for a decent local MP. It was for a progressive and costed manifesto. It was for turning up to debates and engaging with the public. It was against the elderly having to pay for care in their own homes via equity release, against a grossly unfair new school funding system, against the DoT clowns who've been propping up Southern Fail.

In short I have found Theresa May's arrogance to be the deciding factor. Brexit is a side issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.

I've long since resigned myself to Brexit so it didn't factor at all into my decision.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here