Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Friendly v Norwich

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Here at Carrow Road somehow we are not yet losing to a much superior Norwich team. Their right back (17) is marauding at will down the left flank walking passed our midfield and defence. In midfield we resorted to fouling them whenever they have the ball after about 15 minutes. Our defence plan seems to consist of hurling bodies. Our teeny weeny keeper not up to shots into the top of the net. Need big improvements if this is not to be a very long season.

Blimey - that is an extremely negative account of the first half (of a friendly) that I've just watched and very unfair in particular on our goalie - it was a terrific strike caused by Bruno's error. It seems our new keeper after letting in one goal is well on his way to earning the #blameryan.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Cant see the game but sounds like a continuation of the end of last season. Will be very disappointing if that proves to be the case.
From what I've been able to make out from Seagulls "TV" I wouldn't say Norwich looked "much superior", no need to be too glum just yet.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Norwich looking pretty and they had a shot on goal for their goal as well. That was better than they managed last time we visited.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Based on that half we need those 3-4 players to make a big improvement. Norwich are playing at a high tempo and obvious weak spots are ball retention from Murray while Murphy is struggling to impose himself on the left. Can see Izzy getting the chance to improve that area second half.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Here at Carrow Road somehow we are not yet losing to a much superior Norwich team. Their right back (17) is marauding at will down the left flank walking passed our midfield and defence. In midfield we resorted to fouling them whenever they have the ball after about 15 minutes. Our defence plan seems to consist of hurling bodies. Our teeny weeny keeper not up to shots into the top of the net. Need big improvements if this is not to be a very long season.

If you look back to performances/results for last years preseason they weren't encouraging to say the least and look what happened..still never mind week tomorrow Atletico Madrid should be a doddle :whistle:

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
From what I've been able to make out from Seagulls "TV" I wouldn't say Norwich looked "much superior", no need to be too glum just yet.

Thanks.....My only source of update is NSC. Steering clear of Seagulls player until I see positive feedback.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Of what? [emoji23]

I know what you mean, hopefully he'll perform like last season (outstanding) though I think this will be his last.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Talking about me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here