Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

May's P45

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Media over doing this. Legitimate security question but why let it dominate reports?
They should comment on what she said , not daft stunts. Media Bias??

You have to put it in to context, for a party already in meltdown, the conference started badly with Box Office Phil (god I love that moniker), and sunk further with Boris' outrageous comments so the stage was set for a glorious ending, for May to give the resounding speech of her life and to sent delegates away united and ready to smash the opposition. What happened was she got made to look a tit by a prankster, did a fabulous Bob Fleming impression and then the stage fell apart. It was a beautiful metaphor for her government. I'm not entirely sure what else any serious journalist could write about?

The only thing that might save her is the incompetence of her would be replacements.

Media bias, against the tories? Really??

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You have to put it in to context, for a party already in meltdown, the conference started badly with Box Office Phil (god I love that moniker), and sunk further with Boris' outrageous comments so the stage was set for a glorious ending, for May to give the resounding speech of her life and to sent delegates away united and ready to smash the opposition. What happened was she got made to look a tit by a prankster, did a fabulous Bob Fleming impression and then the stage fell apart. It was a beautiful metaphor for her government. I'm not entirely sure what else any serious journalist could write about?

The only thing that might save her is the incompetence of her would be replacements.

Media bias, against the tories? Really??

Bill Cash MP on 5Live at the moment trying to big up May's speech and performance yesterday, he has been given a right going over on air. Emma Barnett saying that many Tory MP's are " Unavailable " for comment at the moment ! could be all over for her quite soon. The Mail and the Express found it rather difficult to come up with positive headlines this morning too....the clock is ticking

Yoda

English & European
Media over doing this. Legitimate security question but why let it dominate reports?

So are some of the Tory MP's. One on BBC Breakfast saying how he was CHARGING up to the stage. Yeah, Charging up at a snails pace you moron. :lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i suppose because she didnt say much?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Bill Cash MP on 5Live at the moment trying to big up May's speech and performance yesterday, he has been given a right going over on air. Emma Barnett saying that many Tory MP's are " Unavailable " for comment at the moment ! could be all over for her quite soon. The Mail and the Express found it rather difficult to come up with positive headlines this morning too....the clock is ticking

the clock has been ticking since 9th June, it could keep ticking for months or years. who are you looking forward to taking over, Boris, Hammond, maybe someone out of back of the pack like Javid?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
the clock has been ticking since 9th June, it could keep ticking for months or years. who are you looking forward to taking over, Boris, Hammond, maybe someone out of back of the pack like Javid?

I think they might go "back to good old Tory Values " and go for the oddball Mogg, Boris can't stand surely as aside from all the gaffes his rather nasty past will be trawled up.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
i suppose because she didnt say much?

And much of what she did say was copied from Milliband, Corbyn or the West Wing.
I think Tories should be grateful for the distractions from the obvious lack of new ideas and vision revealed by the content of that speech.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

That's the thing. The only thing saving her is that there's nobody else who looks like a viable candidate (and who would really want the job at the moment anyway?). Well, that's two things really but....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
hahaha @ May and the Tories.

What a meltdown.

JC has them on the run after the election result

Great viewing

Strong and stable.

People actually voted for this......cant be many that admit that now

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I think they might go "back to good old Tory Values " and go for the oddball Mogg, Boris can't stand surely as aside from all the gaffes his rather nasty past will be trawled up.

The biggest hurdle Boris will face is support from MP's and getting into the final two. Once the decision goes out to members the Brexiteer candidate will be favourite.

yougov-cpc17.png

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The one thing she has in her favour is that sensible people realize that what Red Corbyn offers cannot be given only at a severe cost to the country from which it would take another Maggie type leader to bring it all back over about 3 terms of office. She will soldier on and a new leader will lead the Tories to another General Election win in a couple of years. Who that will be is not clear at the moment but I would hazard a guess at Ruth Davison.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The one thing she has in her favour is that sensible people realize that what Red Corbyn offers cannot be given only at a severe cost to the country from which it would take another Maggie type leader to bring it all back over about 3 terms of office. She will soldier on and a new leader will lead the Tories to another General Election win in a couple of years. Who that will be is not clear at the moment but I would hazard a guess at Ruth Davison.

Do you realise you are in a very SMALL minority now ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Probably about right...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here