Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MANTIS SHRIMP VS WOLVERINE. World's Hardest Creature X: Group C play off.

Who is hardest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
It's pound for pound hardness, like boxing. What it can do compared to a human is irrelevant, what the two would do against each other (unless similarly sized or they actually co-exist in the same habitat) is also not important. Pound for pound is what we're after. People's definition of hardness varies but it should consider things such as aggression, attitude and ability to give and take a beating. Size in and of itself is not important.

Pound for pound the wolverine can deter or at least inflict damage on it's far larger (even multiple)predators-the shrimp just gets taken out by it's larger predators.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I voted Wolverine, but now slightly regret it. Both are very strong competitors, but some of the things I am reading about the shrimp, and that oatmeal link, is making me think it would be a real shame if we lost it. There are other animals with similar characteristics to the wolverine. There really is nothing like the shrimp. Killing without touching, creating light and heat and seeing in colours we are unable to mimagine (not really hard but still impressive). So if anyone is also wavering and wants to go for the shrimp to balance things up...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Pound for pound the wolverine can deter or at least inflict damage on it's far larger (even multiple)predators-the shrimp just gets taken out by it's larger predators.

This is exactly what the tournament is about. We need more videos, more photos and more facts.

If this head to head is any guide to the knockouts, we have a classic WHC on our hands.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This is exactly what the tournament is about. We need more videos, more photos and more facts.

If this head to head is any guide to the knockouts, we have a classic WHC on our hands.

The vote is so tight,i think we do..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A rallying cry to #TeamShrimp: Time* to do your thing.

* - there will be other times in coming days, naturally, so think of this as Time #1

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This is quite impressive

(not for the feint hearted)

and for balance

Wolverine-

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I'm glad to see team shrimp has closed the gap. When I voted it was 12 - 4 to the furball. Come to the shrimp massive

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013

Well played sir, however, the bear is probably around 10 times the size of the wolverine
The octopus is about 30 times the size of the shrimp,
I wonder how brave the wolverine would be against a bear the size of an elephant!?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Well played sir, however, the bear is probably around 10 times the size of the wolverine
The octopus is about 30 times the size of the shrimp,
I wonder how brave the wolverine would be against a bear the size of an elephant!?

Shhhh.......whisper such sensible things in future please

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Wolverine vs top North American Cat-

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
I voted Wolverine, but now slightly regret it. Both are very strong competitors, but some of the things I am reading about the shrimp, and that oatmeal link, is making me think it would be a real shame if we lost it. There are other animals with similar characteristics to the wolverine. There really is nothing like the shrimp. Killing without touching, creating light and heat and seeing in colours we are unable to mimagine (not really hard but still impressive). So if anyone is also wavering and wants to go for the shrimp to balance things up...

After pondering myself over my vote, sadly I have to agree with you

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's over!

What a contest that was. 72-74, WOLVERINE progresses to the knockouts. Mantis Shrimp joins the Orca and Black Mamba as former champions who exit in the first round. Unlike the Orca and the Black Mamba the Mantis Shrimp can leave with his held held high, he was drawn in the group of death and put up a hell of a fight against the Wolverine.

Live second round draw will be coming up in about 10minutes. Stay tuned.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If something as trivial as Brexit went to the Supreme Court - this must surely qualify for an appeal!

Some dodgy 2nd accounts voting for the shrimp you mean,if that happens i will go to the supreme court and ask for an appeal to overturn your appeal..

(did i just mention that) forget it,it was a proper vote..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You're dead to me NSC, dead.

Saturday Early evening "Drinking for the Shrimp & Reminiscing for the *hopefully beaten Lincoln Red Imps" thread?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
BREXIT

TRUMP

WOLVERINE

When will it all end? :lolol:

Although for the first time in those 3, I'm chuffed with the Wolverine victory.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here