Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How to get BEATEN UP at school

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I still believe there is more to this story than is being reported. If the school rules state shorts can be worn in very hot weather then I SERIOUSLY doubt the 20 boys would have been sent home for just wearing shorts. I suspect it was probably their reaction/ attitude on initially being questioned that got them sent home/excluded.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I still believe there is more to this story than is being reported. If the school rules state shorts can be worn in very hot weather then I SERIOUSLY doubt the 20 boys would have been sent home for just wearing shorts. I suspect it was probably their reaction/ attitude on initially being questioned that got them sent home/excluded.

Well I hope you can soon justify that comment.

And you are a teacher are not, come on confess,

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That I SUSPECT the Daily Mail isn't reporting the whole story in a non-crime related story where no crime has been alleged? . No, I don't think I'll be having to justify that comment.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905

The rules did under the old head, however, a new head took over in the last few months and decided to change them. It appears this change wasn't communicated too well and coupled with her desire to stamp her own authority on the situation has resulted in this protest. Consequently, when a number of pupils turned up on the Tuesday wearing shorts as per the old rules they were punished. This protest is a consequence of that. From what I can gather regarding the bullying aspect is that they have on the whole got the support of the vast majority of others who know exactly why they are doing it.

I'm a teacher and agree with what they are doing. I've often found it hypocritical when female teachers punish pupils for not wearing the correct uniform when they are swanning around in something casual.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It's almost word for word the same.

Anyway, the boys are happy in their skirts. The headt teacher is happy for them to wear skirts. Non-story, no problem.

Except the Argus are quoting the headmistress, so she could have stated that they were being disciplined for as your suggesting reaction/attitude, other than just wearing shorts, but I can't see that in her quote can you?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Except the Argus are quoting the headmistress, so she could have stated that they were being disciplined for as your suggesting reaction/attitude, other than just wearing shorts, but I can't see that in her quote can you?

Well, if my suspicions are incorrect and they were punished purely for disobeying school rules....all the ruddy better I say.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Mr Bronson

Feb 24, 2009
And that would have been just the teachers in my day. I would loved to have seen the look on Dewi Vaughns face if he'd seen those four wander across the field in the mid 80's.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

The boys who originally wore the shorts had the official P E shorts, these are allowed as stated in the Longhil rules page 13 . The headmistress who does not officially take up that role until September, decided that these shorts look shabby so decided to try and make a name for herself by sending some home and putting others into isolation.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The boys who originally wore the shorts had the official P E shorts, these are allowed as stated in the Longhil rules page 13 . The headmistress who does not officially take up that role until September, decided that these shorts look shabby so decided to try and make a name for herself by sending some home and putting others into isolation.

I'd have punched her in the face, sounds like an absolute looney

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here