Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

trio expected to sign

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Am I am the only one to think that he is not a very good player, seen him a few times and he has never impressed me, 5 million ?, no way for a Div 1 striker. Move on I think.

I think he's pretty decent. Definitely worth £1million. But that's it.
These rumours of £4mil+ are ABSURD.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Suggestions this morning that Henri Lansbury may be about to leave Forest for Burnley. Someone like Clayton might fit the bill as a replacement if they got a cheeky bid in.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Has anyone warned Pearce?

Not unless he reads Twitter. Quite amusing to see their fans in meltdown over it all. I don't know what they're moaning about really: Lascelles & Darlow are being loaned straight back to them anyway, so they get a load of money (in addition to their outrageous £500m ground sponsorship scam cash) and they effectively keep the players. They're actually complaining about a lack of signings, FFS.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

Cotterill appears to contradict himself about the number of bids...
"We've looked at all the bids but they're nowhere near it"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28657053

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not worried about an overpriced Baldock, or that worried about getting Clayton, or not.

Ward is the one I want to see signed ( and Kostic - although Tony must have somehow bought Groningen itself to set up the deal if that happens ).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not worried about an overpriced Baldock, or that worried about getting Clayton, or not.

Ward is the one I want to see signed ( and Kostic - although Tony must have somehow bought Groningen itself to set up the deal if that happens ).

Ward is the only one who has a chance of being in the starting lineup come Saturday IMHO (if we sign anyone this week)....and even then there must be a doubt over his match fitness

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Well in honesty I'd like us to get the three of them. Though I didn't envisage having to call upon help from MI5 in order to discover what the feck is going on! It's a bit bail biting, but it's entertaining also, and adds a bit of spice to the pre season run in.
What next, I can barely wait for the next rumour, which will no doubt be about to arrive just after lunch I suspect. The meeting tonight will be interesting. :rolleyes:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Agreed, Ward is the most important player at this stage, but regarding Clayton and Baldock, would be great if it happens, but no club is going to make it easy for us or do us any favours.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
But they're working hard behind the scenes and us fans don't understand the transfer process, blah blah blah, same old crap, etc....

Still time to announce a signing or two ahead of the Fans Forum, which would defuse any potential bedwetting tonight - but I suspect they will also be ready to remind punters that we have already brought in Toko, COG, Hughes and Stockdale, plus our current interest in making other signings is well known. So not quite panic stations just yet.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
egg on faces on the top table tonight, I think

But they're working hard behind the scenes and us fans don't understand the transfer process, blah blah blah, same old crap, etc....

Why? Because the local rag announced that we'd sign three specific players and we have not yet done so? What's that got to do with the club?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nowhere near £4 million

FL72 Transfers ‏@FL72Transfers 23m
BREAKING: Brighton have made a third offer of £1.5m for Bristol City striker Sam Baldock. #bhafc #bcfc pic.twitter.com/LX6YLA6lo9

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here