Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
That's the crystal ball thread....... Saturdays winning lotto numbers also in there I hear.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

No, it's the thread where people like you shout "LA, LA, LA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!", and "You lost, Remoaner, get over it." Now, sod off from this one.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Your thread seems to have been hijacked by mindless morons.

So bread, croissants, Roquefort, decent coffee, pavement cafes and the weather to use them, markets, and usually a greater sense of community than you would ever find in this country, Cassoulet, proper mountains and lakes and generally a more relaxed attitude to life.

And because of the exchange rate, it is far more expensive to enjoy these things now if you go abroad.

Europe was there before The EU and it will there when The EU has been consigned to the dustbin of history.
I'm proud we've put the first great big nail in the coffin of that corrupt, rotten, bureaucratic monster.
Love Europe - loathe The EU.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

So bread, croissants, Roquefort, decent coffee, pavement cafes and the weather to use them, markets, and usually a greater sense of community than you would ever find in this country, Cassoulet, proper mountains and lakes and generally a more relaxed attitude to life.

And because of the exchange rate, it is far more expensive to enjoy these things now if you go abroad.

All lovely things, but they will still exist and, of course,, there are plenty of the aforementioned in this country, especially north of Watford Gap, if dosh is such a problem for people.
Anyway, judging by the holidays some NSC'ers have planned, dosh doesn't seem to be a widespread issue.
By the way, I voted to remain, but it is hardly the end of civilisation as we know it. Let us get on with it and look to the future.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

croissants..............bugger forgot to go out and stock up, i take it that we can no longer get them.
Edit, actually i am not a fan of croissants really.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
What if Labour get their act together and get elected?

I do wonder how much of the pro-EU sentiment is actually just a manifestation of hatred for the Conservative party.

Actually quite the opposite, the leave campaign won the referendum by taking advantage of the dissatisfaction with the UK government that is widespread in great chunks of the country outside of the South East.

They were able to successfully channel this as a protest against the EU and, to be blunt, foreigners in general.

Cameron's legacy.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

This thread will inevitably become a binfest and be merged with the Brexit thread.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
As I have stated already, unless you are doing very high level manufacture there is no point in trying to compete with China etc.

James Dyson has been responsible for a huge amount of job generation in the UK and also tax revenues.

Dyson is a premium product, pure greed sent him to Malaysia to manufacture and left the people of Wiltshire high and dry. Not many jobs in the UK and for his tax, have a read

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...tax-files-tax-avoidance-industrial-scale#nav4

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In what alternative universe could Scotland possibly be better off if it split from the rest of The U.K.?
I realise that there are millions of you remainers who are weeping inside because you have a completely false idea of what The E.U. actually is. But keep so modicum of realistic thinking here.
I would be extremely sad if Sturgeon led Scotland to independence, I love Great Britain and don't want that dreadful bigot to split the country asunder. However, if the Scots are blinkered and foolish enough to believe her spiel England and Wales will thrive, Scotland will become a basket case.
Ironically, many remainers continue to prattle on about rejoining the failing E.U. one day; that'll never happen. On the other hand Scotland begging to rejoin The Union would be a real probability when the consequences of their isolation kicked in.

Project fear.

An English speaking nation within the EU and across the border from England could be quite attractive to many businesses.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I laugh to keep myself from crying every-time I look at Andrea Leadsom, Liam Fox, Boris Johnson et al and listen to Theresa May speaking, especially when she says how much she loves 'our precious union' of The United Kingdom.

Still, we're going to world leaders in jam and biscuit making post-Brexit, so the future isn't all bad.

Think that was the last time we heard from Leadsom, the most useless of all the Brexiteers

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
article50pepe.jpg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Two years of negotiations now, TWO FECKING YEARS?! A lot of tea, biscuits and huge salaries to be served in parliment in the months to come. Polictions are laughing at you dimwits!!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Europe is great for some lovely places to visit, historical sites, warm people and some glorious food and drink. Nothing has changed since yesterday, I still intend to visit regularly.
The positive is though we are out of that b0ll0x called the EU.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Coffee with grappa for breakfast, arancini, and brutti ma buoni dipped in vino santo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here