Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The NEW £60million Falmer Stadium

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
But how will we pay for it? With the global credit crisis, I can't see any bank lending the money to finance this, and Dick doesn't have the money to fund it. I'm really worried that this won't happen now. :(

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Everyone is doom mongering. Falmer WILL be built and I'm confident we can attract the 12k needed to break even and pay for it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
But how will we pay for it? With the global credit crisis, I can't see any bank lending the money to finance this, and Dick doesn't have the money to fund it. I'm really worried that this won't happen now. :(
I remember it being absolute heresy on NSC to even hint at suggesting that the banking crisis could mean that Dick Knight couldn't get the bank loan.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Everyone is doom mongering. Falmer WILL be built and I'm confident we can attract the 12k needed to break even and pay for it.
12k! For the first year or so maybe, but don't forget that everyone in Sussex supports Prem clubs. They might turn up once or twice just out of curiosity, but we'll never get back to the old Goldstone days of 13,000+ on a regular basis. And anyone who thinks we could get an average crowd in the low or mid twenty thousands needs their head examining.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
12k! For the first year or so maybe, but don't forget that everyone in Sussex supports Prem clubs. They might turn up once or twice just out of curiosity, but we'll never get back to the old Goldstone days of 13,000+ on a regular basis. And anyone who thinks we could get an average crowd in the low or mid twenty thousands needs their head examining.

and how on earth are the trains going to cope . . .

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
and how on earth are the trains going to cope . . .

and the bats.
Please don't forget the bats.

I just hope that someone makes a photographic record.

Last edited:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
and the bats.
Please don't forget the bats.

I just hope that someone makes a photographic record.

I was thinking of giving that a go!

I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
I
V

Uncle Spielberg