Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I did tell you 4 weeks ago

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You did indeed. You are 'The Man The Met Office Fear' TM

It's all about trends and 4 weeks ago it was obvious this winter would be a write off. The jet stream is in the worst possible position and it is 3 months of sw / w airflows again

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just the way I like it.

Grey skies, relatively dark by day, windy, gusty and a bone penetrating damp. Typical of a Sussex winter and unpleasant.

I prefer the cold brighter weather, with air streams from the north or east, with occasionally some snow.

But it looks like winters in Sussex have gone back to the norm, with those snowy winters becoming a distant memory.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Grey skies, relatively dark by day, windy, gusty and a bone penetrating damp. Typical of a Sussex winter and unpleasant.

I prefer the cold brighter weather, with air streams from the north or east, with occasionally some snow.

But it looks like winters in Sussex have gone back to the norm, with those snowy winters becoming a distant memory.

I agree with your outlook. What I want to know is what is the government going to do about it. I'm voting for anyone that can promise me some snow:jester:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Friday should see 14 / 15c across the south-east no complaints at all. The cold weather is stuck is eastern Europe and can stay there

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dull, Dull, DULL !

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Friday should see 14 / 15c across the south-east no complaints at all. The cold weather is stuck is eastern Europe and can stay there

We'll see a series of mild / mild / cold / cold days as each front passes by. I think we'll avoid the worst of the storms that will affect Scotland mainly (I'd expect winds close to 100mph up there at times).

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Cold ? 7C by day is not cold though is it ? it is average. People seems have lost the definition of a cold day in January and the BBC are the worst for this

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Somerset expected to reach 17C 63F today

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Cold ? 7C by day is not cold though is it ? it is average. People seems have lost the definition of a cold day in January and the BBC are the worst for this

Pretty much bang on average.

In this setup, we're worst placed for really cold weather, as the only cold air we get is Polar Maritime from the NW, heavily modified (at least lower down) before it reaches us.

The outlook shows a continuation of the 'cold zonality' with snow possible / likely Midlands northwards at time. There are weak signals for more blocked conditions, but nothing worth getting excited about - sadly.

Next week (Thursday ish) could see another powerful storm, like the one at the moment, which may be further south... so stronger winds down here.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
I'm torn - I love snow, but also do a lot of running, so these mild and windy winters are terribly dull and annoying - but good for training. I think we could easily see a 6 or 7 year stretch of these winters like the 90's.

The wind is the worst thing rather than no snow. Can completely arse up a race you have trained for and makes footie matches a lottery. Really can't stand it.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
17c in Doncaster, as far away from snow as you could ever get in January!!!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm due to have a break ( Cumbria/Yorkshire/Northumberland) about middle of February ...bound to be snowing then..either cant get there or trapped up there..should keep those who like the white stuff happy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here