Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Improvements to NSC or new features to add

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Embedded Tweets reading correctly on Tapatalk, not just as a series of numbers.

Polls on tapatalk

Unfortunately, we are restricted as to what Tapatalk integrate into their product. I'm surprised they haven't incorporated polls however - it's pretty mainstream functionality.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Genuinely curious: what would be the benefit of having our own wiki, as opposed to adding to Wikipedia?

Wikipedia would be have to be independently moderated by their own people I believe whereas our own Wiki would have a smaller scope and number of articles to moderate meaning there would generally be a higher quality of article. Also, as ours would be written by Albion fans, it would be kept far more up to date and have a lot more information than Wikipedia itself (though I believe some may find it difficult keeping their own opinions out of articles!).

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I think NSC has become a bit like FIFA. Old fart at the helm, poor self-regulation, membership a bunch of t*****s, blah, blah, blah....

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I largely disagree with thumbs. Okay; It's a button when used in a balanced and fair way gives a fair reflection of your feelings with regard to a certain post. When it's used to abuse a certain poster, for perhaps saying something you disagree with i.e. thumbing down every post within a thread regardless of content, well it then becomes a stick. With repsect to this, producing a league table of sorts would be a total folly, an unfair representation of whom dislikes whom the most. Pathetic.

Contribute or ignore, it's kind of simple really.

Kosh

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
No, but that is the sort of comment I am talking about, so you'll get black balled.

You have come back with a snide dig, that had nothing to do with the original post. Just the sort of comment that having a meaningful football discussion on here gets in the way of.

I can see your thinking, it can get very annoying on serious threads but I can guarantee you not many people would bother paying. I wouldn't, purely because I wouldn't want to pay to have some self satisfied prig like you dictating what is and isn't acceptable.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Other teams sites have a ranking system? So you start out as a trainee and then work your way up to club legend / world class / manager etc...

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I largely disagree with thumbs. Okay; It's a button when used in a balanced and fair way gives a fair reflection of your feelings with regard to a certain post. When it's used to abuse a certain poster, for perhaps saying something you disagree with i.e. thumbing down every post within a thread regardless of content, well it then becomes a stick. With repsect to this, producing a league table of sorts would be a total folly, an unfair representation of whom dislikes whom the most. Pathetic.

Contribute or ignore, it's kind of simple really.

Kosh

What about when someone makes a smart or funny comment, thumbs up shows the appreciation. If someone makes me chuckle a simple thumbs up is the best way to acknowledge it.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I agree with the thumbs in that respect, I've only ever given a couple of thumbs up - yep when I've had a good chuckle. Yeah that's a big positive. I guess what I'm saying is a certain poster with regard to an OP should only be permitted to thumb, either way, once within a thread. Thumbing down every post by an individual just because you take exception to the FACTS as laid down by the OP for example, is abusing the idea surely?!?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hans Kray should resurrect The Adventures of Hans Kray. Maybe he could meet up with the new Scandinavian addition. Sammi must have had some adventures with Liverpool ladies, they could compare notes.

Just for you [MENTION=12195]skipper734[/MENTION] ....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I liked the 'who's posted the most, today' widget that was on the bottom of the front page.
It was a good indicator as to when it was time to turn off the TV and do something less boring instead.

Losing that function could explain subsequent behaviours.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wikipedia would be have to be independently moderated by their own people I believe whereas our own Wiki would have a smaller scope and number of articles to moderate meaning there would generally be a higher quality of article. Also, as ours would be written by Albion fans, it would be kept far more up to date and have a lot more information than Wikipedia itself (though I believe some may find it difficult keeping their own opinions out of articles!).

Sorry - I didn't respond to the original question.

Firstly, a specific Albion wiki would be far more granular than Albion related entries on Wikipedia. There are a whole load of subject-specific wikis, many of them hosted on Wikia, which is the commercial arm of Wikipedia. Example - there'll be a fair bit on The Simpsons on Wikipedia, but the Simpsons specific wiki will go into far more detail.

Secondly, it would be written in an unashamedly Albion-centric manner. Consider the Wikipedia entry for Scott McGleish for example. It's perfectly adequate, but it makes no mention of what Albion fans would remember him most for. An Albion wiki entry for Scott McGleish is likely to be quite different!

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I was amused by the Member's map, although I can guess why it was stopped. I wondered if that guy is still in the Irish sea presumably on a boat?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I researched it after your post.

Invoice is in the post.
Nice. I'm glad you've found a solution, although I am disappointed it took so long (I asked you to sort this out a year ago) so don't expect a tip.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Other than that a Whizzer and Chips archive would be seriously peachy. Best. Comic. Ever.

Nonsense, Buster was streets ahead. How can you possibly compete with Galaxus - The Thing From Outer Space, Fishboy, The Wizard Of Football, Faceache - The Boy With A Thousand Faces, Charlie Peace, The Pest Of The West, Freddie Parrot Face Davis, Pete's Pocket Army, The Leopard From Lime Street, plus the highest quality cartoon artwork in history - Marney The Fox?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
XHN7B.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here