Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for season defining match v Huddersfield

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes, the top teams do have better left backs than us - actually, they have better players than us in pretty much every position - that's why they're top six and we're fighting to finish in lower mid-table. We've got Bong and Suttner as LBs, and they've done OK this season. Yes,, it would be nice to have an even better LB, and obviously TB will be getting his wallet out to improve the team for next season = but we can't upgrade every position, and I'm not sure LB will be that high a priority.

Ward could have been ours!!

Also, LBs that can attack and cross aren't restricted to the top 6!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ward could have been ours!!

Also, LBs that can attack and cross aren't restricted to the top 6!
Maybe not, but teams at our level probably have LBs at about the same level as we've got. Ward? - well, like many I was disappointed we couldn't hang on to him; anyway, although he's not top six, he's top seven!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Ryan

Schelotto
Dunk
Duffy
Bong

Locadia
Stephens
Pröpper
Izquierdo

Groß

Murray

Subs : Krul, Bruno, Goldson, Kayal, March, Ulloa, Baldock

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I disagree. I think AK has been the most disappointing player. It just doesn't look like he's good enough for this level. Though I would love to be proven wrong.

Yes agree, maybe both the same, compared to last season, these 2 have really struggled to live up to the expectations.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Funny how people just forget at the start of the season, he was one of the only players to show any quality. He was unfairly dropped and then hasn't found that form since. No he hasn't been great but it was his run that set up the play for the penalty on Saturday and he wasn't to blame for it not going in. Still a solid player and he has got the ability.

You cant blame being dropped 6 months ago for the reason he is the worst we have even seen him.

His run on Saturday was the first thing he has done this year, like AK he has been awful for months.

He's about a solid as a blancmange.

You can see in his face he is terrified when another player gets near him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here