Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

High court orders Sky, TalkTalk, BT, and Virgin to block illegal football streams

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Will this have an impact on non kodi streams like cricfree and mamaHD?

Off shore. Will just keep changing I P's as before :thumbsup:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
surprised they dont already block the streaming sites, given its their own content.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Can DNS settings be changed on sky? My sky router won't allow it. I wanted to use open DNS but was restricted by then locking down their router. I had no problems in the past with plusnet.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
big companies putting the boot in
but then again there will always be skimmers they are everywhere you look

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Because it's not very easy. This is just another headline to try and stop people buying Kodi boxes, focusing on the prison sentence.

deploy packet inspection tools; detect stream from IP; block IP. its done today with some ISP that want to restrict bandwidth usage.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The real lesson here should be for Sky, Virgin etc. Stop charging OUTRAGEOUS prices, I am sure more people would subscribe (and stay) if the prices were reasonable.

Or maybe if people hadn't been streaming matches illegally then subscription rates wouldn't have increased so much in the first place

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
How does this work?

A firm like 'My Private Network' lifts £6 a month from your bank account, in return you can access the internet in a way that makes it appear that you are in the country of your choice. Hence I can watch my Sky TV on my iPad regardless of what county I'm in so long as I have a wireless connection.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
A firm like 'My Private Network' lifts £6 a month from your bank account, in return you can access the internet in a way that makes it appear that you are in the country of your choice. Hence I can watch my Sky TV on my iPad regardless of what county I'm in so long as I have a wireless connection.

Tut tut tut, you do realise that is breaking the rules don't you. Surely if sky wanted you to watch from another country then they would make that option available?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

And more importantly your traffic is encrypted. I'm using Torguard.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Having just checked the twitter feed of the stream service I use to get free footy, a statement confirms this wont changes things in the slightest.

Nothing to see here.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
I use a VPN, primarily to watch the BBC iPlayer from here in Brunei. My quarter doesn't get BFBS so it's the only way I can watch British TV. I also have a Kodi box which I hope will carry on allowing me to watch Albion games. There will always be people out there that can find a way around things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Or maybe if people hadn't been streaming matches illegally then subscription rates wouldn't have increased so much in the first place

There is only ONE THING driving up the subscription rates - players wages. That £8bn Sky paid for PL coverage a few years back was the gamechanger, the money they threw at the PL just fuelled INSANE contracts for players (and their agents), and the eyewatering cost of that is being passed on to the punters in ever-increasing subscriptions. Its got stupid now. When my Sky subscription went north of £90 a month, I decided enough was enough, and binned it.

I'm not going to lie, I do miss Sky Sports on my TV. Kodi is certainly ok a lot of the time, obviously a bit flaky. But I'm just not going to be fleeced into playing Skys game any more. Its entirely their own fault subs are down and people are seeking other means now. Their own stupid, greedy fault.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here