Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] What is the smallest hill on which your prepared to die?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Basically what is the tiniest, most insignificant, almost daily occurrence, which you are never going to back away from.
As mine is road related, I'll keep it to myself, for the time being.

I'd imagine the purposely written thread title will drag a fair few out, so desperate to be proven right, they won't even have time to read the thread.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cheating in biomedical research. Yes, it is dull. But I could write books about it. In fact, I have written a book about it.:rant:

Brilliant thread, btw, [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cheating in biomedical research. Yes, it is dull. But I could write books about it. In fact, I have written a book about it.:rant:

Not a particularly small hill when compared to me screaming 'It's not f**kin Mexico you morons' when everybody arrives at a roundabout together, and nobody moves.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
In Queues at Shops/Stores when the person (of any gender) arrives at the front of the queue and, surprised at being asked to pay, decides now is the moment to open their bag, spend 5 minutes locating their purse, open said purse and spend another 5 minutes counting out what is obviously the contents of their youngest child's piggy bank in order to proudly present the cashier with the exact money in a combination of coins none of which exceed 5p in value.

That

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country

Interesting! Don't you know it's all down to us dodgy Pharma Industry professionals and not the non-regulated academics who do whatever they want to meet their hidden agendas.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
In Queues at Shops/Stores when the person (of any gender) arrives at the front of the queue and, surprised at being asked to pay, decides now is the moment to open their bag, spend 5 minutes locating their purse, open said purse and spend another 5 minutes counting out what is obviously the contents of their youngest child's piggy bank in order to proudly present the cashier with the exact money in a combination of coins none of which exceed 5p in value.

That

Yes. My mother-in-law in fact.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Saving for several years to go the furthest flung place you could afford to go.
The holiday of your dreams in New Zealand you collect your hired camper van and set off immediately on your adventure, you find a desolate spot to set up camp, and go for a hike through the wilderness admiring the beautiful scenery.....

Then out of nowhere appears a feckin scouser and family all in cliched tracksuits loud mouthing it off, about how boring and shit it was.

I could have packed up and gone home right there and then.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Interesting! Don't you know it's all down to us dodgy Pharma Industry professionals and not the non-regulated academics who do whatever they want to meet their hidden agendas.

Its the academics. But you know that :wave: I spent 3 hours with 50 odd MRC funded PhD students today, 'training' them (to not bow down to their psychopathic cheating supervisors who expect generation only of data that supports their wormy hypotheses, tortured by whatever means through a programme of P hacking, Harking, and 'slinging out' of values that don't fit; some of us may think that some of our anti muslim fantasists on NSC select evidence to further their prejudice and elevate the Yaxley Leninspart contingent to sainthood, but in academia.....).

And :kiss:

FAFS.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Its the academics. But you know that :wave: I spent 3 hours with 50 odd MRC funded PhD students today, 'training' them (to not bow down to their psychopathic cheating supervisors who expect generation only of data that supports their wormy hypotheses, tortured by whatever means through a programme of P hacking, Harking, and 'slinging out' of values that don't fit; some of us may think that some of our anti muslim fantasists on NSC select evidence to further their prejudice and elevate the Yaxley Leninspart contingent to sainthood, but in academia.....).

Beautifully put. Keep up the good work!

rool

Jul 10, 2003

That
You forgot the bit where they then present 50 vouchers and then spend five more minutes putting any change away and then re organising handbag before stepping away.

Wouldn't happen in Lidl or Aldi

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

That

Same principle and will happen tomorrow.

10 minutes of queuing, reach the front then have this interaction:-

'What would you like, Sir'.
'Rufus, what do you want a burger, pie or hotdog'.
'What flavour pies are they father?'
'I don't know I'll ask'

One day I will die (or more likely be killed) due to my response to these people.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean

And :kiss:

FAFS.

Multiple replies here
"Watchoo talkin about, Willis?" is high on the answer list
"I'll have wot he's havin'" would be too, but I'm already havin' more than that
but my bestest answer must be...........:shrug:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
All roads lead to BREXIT. I swear it's a hill half of us are prepared die on and the other half never able to descend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here