Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Diane Abbott, another fine performance

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
It's good that she's getting all this attention when the Home Office minister she shadows has been caught out yet again for lying to parliament.

Fake news. That's fake news :smile:

I think they're all getting the attention they deserve

If dianne would swan off then the focus could be on something relevant (which she ain't)

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not really.

May is about as incompetent as you can get as PM. However she is surrounded by equally useless specimens that masquerade as her cabinet which can’t help. Not that that is any way an excuse for uselessness. Who the f*ck believes Gove is capable of rational thought! A complete shower of sh*te.

As for labour. A leader who is unfortunately to close to his daily mail persona for my liking. I’m not sure what p*sses me of more, the fact that the daily mail is likely to be correct or that Corbyn is everything they say he is. Any party that has MacDonald in it has a great deal to answer for. Holding up the little red book in parliament was about low as you can get. Let’s face it, Mao was as about as bad as you could get in terms of 20th century despots, which is praise indeed considering the competition!
DA is way past her best and I think it grossly unfair that Corbyn stuck her in front of the camera. Hung out to dry.

I never voted for either party and on present performance that isn’t going to change.

Good summary. It’s gone past the ‘which is least shit?’ question I try to answer before deciding. Not sure what the answer is, because there appears to be little in the way of anything approaching competence on either side. It’s really depressing.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
She was last to speak on Knife crime tonight.

She did her usual slow deliberation and said "It really is not true to say that every young person that is stabbed in London is a drug dealer!"

The rest of the panel responded that they hadn't had actually said that..

Diana "Oh, I confused the two of them (Rabb and Hogan-Howe)

Cue the camera scanning the audience p1ssing themselves.

Do you know I think she is actually worse than Boris...

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Even if she thought more and spoke less I don’t think much sense would come out of her. On the basis that she is in the
Labour shop window, where is the opposition to the government going to come from?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I do actually wonder whether the shadow cabinet are a little bit nervy about actually being in power, as it's much easier and more fun to take pot shots at the Government from the opposition benches rather than actually being front and centre to be shot at for policy failures themselves. So they keep Diane in the "shop window" just to make sure they never actually win and have to run the country.

I just cannot understand why else you would have her around, she adds nothing positive to the Labour Party in any interview I've seen of her since she came into the shadow cabinet. prior to that she was just a comedy figure squeezed onto the sofa next to Portillo for late night TV.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Labours-Diane-Abbott-in-furious-clash-with-Tory-minister-as-he-brands-Grenfell-safety-a-technical.jpg

Abbot in full-on finger-wagging mode last night, looking like she'd just stepped off Thunderbird 1.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Being serious for a moment, there is clearly something wrong with her. She was once one of the great forensic parliamentary minds, who could produce speeches with great passion, insight and a grasp of facts (even David Davis eulogised about some of them especially the extension of detention for terrorist suspects). I met her a few times professionally and while i found her objectionable she was at least 'on it'

That clearly isnt the case now. Its actually quite sad to see

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Abbot in full-on finger-wagging mode last night, looking like she'd just stepped off Thunderbird 1.

I think that was just prior to a classic Abbot moment of showing she has absolutely zero substance to anything she says. A finger wagging for the Tory to ban 'combustible cladding' to which he asked her for her definition of 'combustible cladding' and she just ignored it and went back to her rant at them for not just doing it.

Yeah Diane, that's the point, and your swerving of that seemingly simple question demonstrated it perfectly. Hurry the regulation through and it will be wrong. Getting a correct a reasonable definition it absolutely key, and not as straightforward as saying "ban it, ban it all."

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Being serious for a moment, there is clearly something wrong with her. She was once one of the great forensic parliamentary minds, who could produce speeches with great passion, insight and a grasp of facts (even David Davis eulogised about some of them especially the extension of detention for terrorist suspects). I met her a few times professionally and while i found her objectionable she was at least 'on it'

That clearly isnt the case now. Its actually quite sad to see
In which case what is wrong with the Labour party to allow her to be put in this position?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think that was just prior to a classic Abbot moment of showing she has absolutely zero substance to anything she says. A finger wagging for the Tory to ban 'combustible cladding' to which he asked her for her definition of 'combustible cladding' and she just ignored it and went back to her rant at them for not just doing it.
I think she responded by saying 71 people died, and then she sat back to take in the applause from the audience (only they didn't applaud).

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
In which case what is wrong with the Labour party to allow her to be put in this position?

Doubt if any of the Labour hierarchy have the courage to prevent such a strong character from carrying on. She definitely won't stand down without a fight.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Doubt if any of the Labour hierarchy have the courage to prevent such a strong character from carrying on. She definitely won't stand down without a fight.
She stood down in the run up to the election, they didn't need to reinstate her. She must know she's not the lady she once was.

I guess your answer to my question is that their gutless cowards. What a great alternative to our government.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Yeah Diane, that's the point, and your swerving of that seemingly simple question demonstrated it perfectly. Hurry the regulation through and it will be wrong. Getting a correct a reasonable definition it absolutely key, and not as straightforward as saying "ban it, ban it all."

Yep, she's always one to do the grandstanding and cheap pointscoring in a desperate pursuit of a round of applause. At one point the Tory minister said that there are technical issues to consider when drawing up the legislation on cladding, which she jumped in on and shrilled "71 deaths are not a technicality!", (as if thats really what he meant).

She needs to be shunted to the backbenches, she's really not fit for purpose in the shadow cabinet and gives Labour a severe credibility issue. Not that we're exactly blessed on the blue side, but the thought of her as Home Secretary... :facepalm:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think she responded by saying 71 people died, and then she sat back to take in the applause from the audience (only they didn't applaud).

Yep, that was it.

No attempt whatsoever to give even a cursory definition of 'combustible cladding', or even a deflection answer such as to say we should start by only permitting buildings using material classed as Non Combustible, when tested to BS 476-11:1982 (2007), or material classified as class A1 in accordance with BS EN 13501-1:2002 Fire classification of construction products and building elements. If that means we have buildings made of concrete that are less pleasing to the eye, then so be it we need to ensure safety.

That isn't a workable answer or a decent solution for the whole construction industry, and what about existing buildings or buildings currently under construction, but it is an answer that you could make after 2 minutes on Google (as I've done because I couldn't have quoted the Safety Standard numbers off the top of my head), which suggests you have some knowledge, and don't look like a fool who is just trying to make a political point out of a dreadful situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here