Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Congratulations to Huddersfield

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
For a team supposedly doomed from the start, they deserve congratulations for staying up. Like ourselves, a tough last few games, and like us, they have surprised a lot of people and got the points they need. I know how I felt on Friday, and for the days since, so I imagine they will be absolutely buzzing!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Similar season to us with ups and downs. Glad they got over the line.

Humility goes a long way in football and from the fans I met they have it in abundance, which makes them the odd ones out in Yorkshire.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, well deserved, and many congratulations.

We now have to figure out how to beat them :nono:

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Hmmm. I'd like to join in but frankly I'd rather they'd gone down and Swansea had stayed up. Absolutely nothing against them as a club, but we never seem to play well against them. We got six points off Swansea!

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
All three promoted teams stayed up. It’ll be like being in the Championship next season with Wolves, Cardiff and the play off winner.

So yes, a big congratulation to Huddersfield. Pleased they did it.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Happy for them. It's easier to sympathise when a clubs fans and the pundits don't constantly whine about being them being a massive sleeping giant whose fans deserve premier league football.

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
All three promoted teams stayed up. It’ll be like being in the Championship next season with Wolves, Cardiff and the play off winner.
Yes indeed - interesting how "smaller" clubs (BHAFC, Burnley, Watford etc) seem to be able to survive in the Prem despite the huge disparity in resources compared with the bigger clubs.

And yet, many of the traditional bigger clubs (e.g. Sheff Wed, Nottingham Forest, Portsmouth) languish in the lower leagues.

Seems to me the key is that, to survive in the Prem, a club has to be very well run from top to bottom, and that recruitment, especially player recruitment is absolutely essential. In hindsight, our player recruitment could not have gone much better.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Congrats to Huddersfield. Enjoy our away games there apart from the interruption of 90 minutes football.

Also to all the so called experts that said both teams would drop like a stone:
V.jpg

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Happy for them. It's easier to sympathise when a clubs fans and the pundits don't constantly whine about being them being a massive sleeping giant whose fans deserve premier league football.

They are a sleeping giant however like Brighton they have beaten the odds so fair play to you both

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018

So yes, a big congratulation to Huddersfield. Pleased they did it.
And all 3 promoted teams kept faith in their manager.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I don’t know why I dislike Hudds so much...oh yeah...they are impossible for us to beat, Wagner gives me the creeps and they’re boring to watch.

And they play in blue and white stripes.

And Mooy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here