Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Diane Abbott, another fine performance

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Why on earth does The Labour party put her up for interviews? Her performance on the Today program this morning was a total farce. Refusing to answer simple questions, a total embarrassment.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why on earth does The Labour party put her up for interviews? Her performance on the Today program this morning was a total farce. Refusing to answer simple questions, a total embarrassment.
Please Honky Tonx, please, what you need to understand, what you need to understand is that this is a very delicate situation, it's very delicate, and it needs to be thought through fully, and what I mean by that is that we need to cover every scenario and eventuality, and think through, think through the implications of our actions, and it would be irresponsible Honky Tonx, to rashly state exactly what we would do at this stage, when what we should be doing, what we should be doing, is analysing the whole situation in detail in order to make the most appropriate decisions.

:shootself

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Please Honky Tonx, please, what you need to understand, what you need to understand is that this is a very delicate situation, it's very delicate, and it needs to be thought through fully, and what I mean by that is that we need to cover every scenario and eventuality, and think through, think through the implications of our actions, and it would be irresponsible Honky Tonx, to rashly state exactly what we would do at this stage, when what we should be doing, what we should be doing, is analysing the whole situation in detail in order to make the most appropriate decisions.

:shootself

As opposed to saying exactly what they are doing and then not doing it.

Or formulating an insensitive response to something that hasn't been proven.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Yes. I heard that too. She kept banging on about a UN led mission to investigate the latest chemical attack, even when Nick Robinson kept reminding her that the Russians will simply use their veto to prevent any such investigation.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Being very Pro Left Wing Labour, even I think that Diane Abbott is past her best in terms of media dealings in politics these days; That said, during her time in Politics she has done brilliantly for her constituents over the years. She has also done a lot to change many people's views on ''race issues'' over 30 years and for that we should be eternally grateful.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
She’d be a lot better off avoiding interviews and just going about her business quietly behind the scenes. Her inability to formulate coherent arguments whilst on the telly and radio has undermined much of the good work she does elsewhere.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
She’s made best of her extremely limited abilities.

A car crash politician, only serving to steer votes to other parties.

But strangely, not in her own constituency ?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

For much the same reason as the tories keep putting Boris Johnson forward for interviews. A very dangerous man is Boris, and an accident waiting to happen as our Foreign Secretary.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bookmark next Thursday night. DA is on Question Time. :thumbsup:

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
For much the same reason as the tories keep putting Boris Johnson forward for interviews. A very dangerous man is Boris, and an accident waiting to happen as our Foreign Secretary.

I can see a connection here, play the TRUMP card, put forward the Village Idiot.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Being very Pro Left Wing Labour, even I think that Diane Abbott is past her best in terms of media dealings in politics these days; That said, during her time in Politics she has done brilliantly for her constituents over the years. She has also done a lot to change many people's views on ''race issues'' over 30 years and for that we should be eternally grateful.

I am not pro left wing Labour but I admire DA for smashing every glass ceiling she encountered, and she certainly didn't get to Cambridge via silver spoon privilege or lack of intelligence. Of course I can see that she sometimes doesn't perform brilliantly under media pressure, but she seems to get judged with disproportionate harshness.

Last edited:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I would be far more worried about Trumps tweets, Mays weakness and the total idiot Johnson.
They are going to lead us into another WMD war.
They make the decisions, they are the ones the world is listening to.
Abbott may be embarrassing but she and Corbyn are in opposition, they don't really count and at least they wouldn't have their strings pulled by Trump.
We cannot afford to go into yet another war, which, yet again will have no positive outcome and could actually make the situation a far lot worse in the long run.
What is wrong with at least trying to sort this out diplomatically rather than putting a few potholes in Syrian runways.
Hate Russia, hate Assad, but we obviously have not learnt any lessons from the recent past.
And what about our austerity, where is the money for all this coming from.
The only good thing is that all it will take is one missile and you can say good bye to the World Cup.
Maybe we should just luzz some white plastic chairs at Syria.
Seriously, if we just go rushing in because it's 'highly likely' then this is going to get very nasty.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I would be far more worried about Trumps tweets, Mays weakness and the total idiot Johnson.
They are going to lead us into another WMD war.
They make the decisions, they are the ones the world is listening to.
Abbott may be embarrassing but she and Corbyn are in opposition, they don't really count and at least they wouldn't have their strings pulled by Trump.
We cannot afford to go into yet another war, which, yet again will have no positive outcome and could actually make the situation a far lot worse in the long run.
What is wrong with at least trying to sort this out diplomatically rather than putting a few potholes in Syrian runways.
Hate Russia, hate Assad, but we obviously have not learnt any lessons from the recent past.
And what about our austerity, where is the money for all this coming from.
The only good thing is that all it will take is one missile and you can say good bye to the World Cup.
Maybe we should just luzz some white plastic chairs at Syria.
Seriously, if we just go rushing in because it's 'highly likely' then this is going to get very nasty.

But they SHOULD count but all the time they have people like her on their books, let alone as a spokesperson, they won’t get listened to.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
https://youtu.be/mCV5XWiW6gc

Open your eyes people all politicians are the same!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
Only a select few are such easy targets as a black woman who has spent her life passionately arguing the corner of those without easy access to relative influence and their own voice...

Privileged white men undermining Abbott not on policy but on soundbite and presentation just about encapsulates all that is wrong in the world.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here