Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which alcohol was responsible for your first horrific hangover and how old were you?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
18th Birthday, I was forced to do several waterfalls from the top shelf of the bar I was in, down in Cornwall with some mates, ended up chucking up more than I ever had done and have done done since.

The main memory was Sambucca, I haven't been able to drink it to this day. the smell will literally make me gag and I threw up straight after the last time I was forced to do a shot about 5 years ago.

I am now much wiser and refuse to drink it no matter what.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Vodka. I real cheap nasty bottle aged 14 with friends. Mixed with orange juice. On the side there was cider and Guinness. Put all together was a messy night.

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
15. Went to a village hall disco and didn't have much money and never drank alcohol before and wanted to be merry so bought 4 special brew. Downed the first then then 2nd and passed out. Came too outside with police standing over me and I was covered in vomit.

The police started questioning me so said **** off, they were going to arrest me then all of a sudden I had ejextial vomit, spayed the area within 10 feet of vomit and they said we known who you are and we'll come to your house another day.

mates took me home in their car and was sitting in the back in the middle and had another bout if vomiting and went through the middle all up the windscreen, over the gear stick and the roof. Next morning my head was banging and swore I'd never touch larger again.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Tennents Super.... Beacon Centre Hassocks aged about 15 i guess.

The sight of the can still makes me feel rank.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
For me it was most of a bottle of Dubonnet, aged 15. Haven't touched the stuff since - can still remember the sickly coating on my teeth.

Similar to your story but Cinzano, never got near it since.

It found it's way back out on the stairwell of the clock tower in the Upper Quad under Sandersons which is relevant to Goldstone1976 and an 'odd' few others on here.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
15, Pulse cider.

Offy had an BOGOF on for it. So necked the first 1.5l, still didn't feel pissed after 15 minutes so necked the other one. I was so violently sick both my eyes were bloodshot for a week after.

It took until 2 years ago to even sniff a cider again.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Rum, when I was 15. Have never drunk it again in the subsequent 35 years - still can't even bear the smell of it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Whisky for me.

I made it home and then fell asleep on the kerbstone outside my house. Awoke at 7am with neighbours stepping over me.

Felt like an army of builders was trying to escape from my skull using an over-sized dentist's drill.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I've been quite ill a lot the last few months from booze, no idea where my skills have gone!!

Sambuca is an early memory of bad hangover. First night in Magaluf as a 19yo, loads
If sambuca and just remember being really hot, spewing constantly everywhere, and trying to sleep in June with no aircon.

I can just about manage to get 1 shot down me but that's it. The warm, sticky, aniseed taste

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Holsten Pils when I was 16. This was the old variety that was about 6%.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Similar to your story but Cinzano, never got near it since.

It found it's way back out on the stairwell of the clock tower in the Upper Quad under Sandersons which is relevant to Goldstone1976 and an 'odd' few others on here.

Bill Dovell: Have you been drinking?
Mate in Dorm, practically swimming in vomit in bathroom: No, Sir.
Bill: I know alcohol when I smell it - I'm a chemist.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Not sure about first nasty hangover but early in my 20's I went a bit mental on Absinthe. I am rarely sick from hangovers(if I'm gonna do it, it'll be on the night) but the next morning I was a fountain of orange puke. Yakked all over my duvet and was so paralysed from the headache I cba to change it so just turned it over, promptly coated the next side too. My mum came in to help clear up then my next bout decorated most of the wall in stomach-bile orange. I think I'd been out with [MENTION=522]Kinky Gerbils[/MENTION], thanks you *******.

So no, I won't touch absinthe anymore. It does not make the heart grow fonder.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
About half a litre of neat vodka on New Years Eve. Then we played Charlton away on New Years Day - about the worst possible match under the circumstances: an early goal from Gary O'Reilly, followed by them besieging us for the next 89 minutes and all in the freezing cold. Sheer torture.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Woods 100 rum about 1/2 a bottle. Absolutely smashed me.

About 18, collapsed on the kitchen floor and woke up 10 hours later with two cats sleeping on me.

The hangover has awful.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Whisky, Teachers.......puke city!

Day off school the next day, so every cloud.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Age 17, Hastings College Xmas Party, 3 pints of Guiness/Cider followed by 3 double whiskeys - ended up in the college sick bay being looked after by 2 girls but I was projectile vomiting so not too pleasant for them I guess. As for the next day ......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here