Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LuaLua

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I agree, if we dont sell him in January.

Even then I have big doubts about his ability to pass a medical....

Where has this notion of Lua Lua being a sick note come from? He had an op on his knee this time last year (from which he recovered within 8 weeks) and has not been out injured since.

I'd like to see him given a run of games in the starting 11. He is capable of performing for 90 mins: Palace and Wolves at home in 12/13 are good examples

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Where has this notion of Lua Lua being a sick note come from? He had an op on his knee this time last year (from which he recovered within 8 weeks) and has not been out injured since.

I'd like to see him given a run of games in the starting 11. He is capable of performing for 90 mins: Palace and Wolves at home in 12/13 are good examples

The fact he failed the medical when he came here, and the fact its been confirmed he cannot play multiple games close together

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No. He's better against tired defenders and backtracking midfielders. I'm not sure where you get the idea that he only ever starts centrally, that's nonsense he's started on the wing plenty of times and he's never as effective as when he subs on. That is fact,

Agree with this

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The fact he failed the medical when he came here, and the fact its been confirmed he cannot play multiple games close together

All prior to the op that he had this time last year which fixed all that.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
For the 487th time, he's only better from the bench because he's played on the wing then. Whenever he's been started it's been in central midfield where he's not as effective. Why can't people see this?

Because it isn't true? This season perhaps but previously he has been as underwhelming starting out wide as he has been excellent when coming on as a sub.

If we have issued Crofts with an extended contract I am sure we are in discussion with Kaz and really hope he will sign........... There will be a queue of clubs at our level happy to offer him a three year deal if that is what is needed to get him.

Last edited:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Is it not ankle issues as well ?

Anyway I truly hope he is injury free and can get another club if he is not with us.

Superb on his day.

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
He will start some, come off from the bench on others...squad rotation is great :) just to think in the 2 AMC positions we have Teixiera, Colunga, LuaLua and March when he returns, all will get game time and with playing generally twice a week, it will be effective for us!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Needs to be on from the start, to maximise danger to opposition. .Otherwise its a bit of a catch-up..

If he tires out, then sub him like any other player.

But if he starts, everyone is equally fresh, and so the impact of his stand out pace is minimised. He actually tires quicker than most, so he's effective only in bursts from the start, then next to useless by half time.

Bring him on against a flagging defence and he wreaks total havoc.

Its a no brainer.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
But if he starts, everyone is equally fresh, and so the impact of his stand out pace is minimised. He actually tires quicker than most, so he's effective only in bursts from the start, then next to useless by half time.

Its a no brainer.

Could not agree more :)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I'm but no, he has zero composure in front of goal, as bad or worse than CMS.

Indeed. Don't get me wrong Kaz is a very exciting player to watch at times and I wouldn't want him leaving but to say he is one of the best finishers at the club is comical. I don't think I've ever seen him place a shot with precision in 3/4 years here, not that stands out anyway... He just obliterates the ball 90% of the time. He's certainly not a natural finisher.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

That simply isn't true. From the start of pre-season last year, he had a persistent tendon injury problem in his LEFT knee which meant the club had to manage how many minutes he played. Then, against Forest on October 5, LuaLua felt pain in his RIGHT knee, and the following week in training he couldn't move. He had surgery (on his RIGHT knee) on October 22. The problem was with the meniscus on the outside of the knee (exactly the same injury that Orlandi had).

In the Argus on January 8 this year, LuaLua gave an interview in which he stated that he was still troubled by tendonitis in his LEFT knee.

I have absolutely no idea whether LuaLua is still affected, and if so, to what degree; but I do know that the operation had absolutely no bearing on the issue, as it was on the other knee.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually

Its a no brainer.

Why is he in the squad then? Denying other players a chance of a full run out..

No. He's better against tired defenders and backtracking midfielders. I'm not sure where you get the idea that he only ever starts centrally, that's nonsense he's started on the wing plenty of times and he's never as effective as when he subs on. That is fact,

Who do people insist on saying something is a fact when it is only an opinion. If you want to post a fact produce some indisputable evidence to support it.

I don't think he'll sign a new contract if we pigeonhole him as a bench player - so could potentially go in Jan window

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

You left out Derby, Vicente's best game & Kazenga was sensational and MoM.
Ludicrous SH & NJ playing him inside, the only time he touched the ball as the widest player he crossed for Dunk to equalise

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I don't think he'll sign a new contract if we pigeonhole him as a bench player - so could potentially go in Jan window

Entirely possible, but anyone signing him at this level (or higher) will see the evidence for themselves. Three successive managers seem to regard KLL as a player for the late second half rather than as a starter. I'd absolutely love him to do what he does in the final 20 minutes from the start of every game, but I can't recall it happening. I'd hate to see him go as nobody gets the crowd going quite like he does but if he reckons he can secure a starting place for, say, Blackpool or Bournemouth, good luck to him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So far
5 league games - Two starts, two subs and one unused sub
2 cup games - 1 start and one sub

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here