Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nice bit of colour showed up in East Croydon today

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I am not throwing my toys out of the pram. You really don't get it do you, so let me explain. Participating in petty vandalism makes us look scum and is totally unnecessary when we are the better team.
Yeah I get it. You're a moaner.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
It's not urban art, when it's not planned decoration on a specific wall.
It's graffiti which is ugly, and makes us hypocritical when we all complained about Palace previously.

Banksy is urban art, this isn't just bacause it's the initials of our club.
What. On your say so? Who complained?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Think it's an excellent way of brightening up Croydon,and covering the smoke damage.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
It’s a shame that some jump to the conclusion that Brighton fans would lower themselves to vandalising like Palace and their pathetic unskilled HF stupid coach/Falmer and Bruno mural and other antics.

The artwork itself is a matter of being your taste or not but if it’s not illegal then cant see the problem really.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Thanks for pointing that out.
Hopefully that's cleared things up for the moaners on this thread.

Think there is a difference between being a moaner and not liking vandalism. Don't see any problem with anyone speaking up against vandalism.
However it makes a huge difference that it was on a legal graffiti wall - in this case well done :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What. On your say so? Who complained?

Lots on a thread on Nsc, which of course included tha vandalism of Bruno's mural, which was superb.

It’s a shame that some jump to the conclusion that Brighton fans would lower themselves to vandalising like Palace and their pathetic unskilled HF stupid coach/Falmer and Bruno mural and other antics.

The artwork itself is a matter of being your taste or not but if it’s not illegal then cant see the problem really.

Unauthorised graffiti is illegal and charged as criminal damage when caught.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
My mate went past this yesterday. It’s on a legal graffiti wall next to a main road in East Croydon.

Don’t think that counts as vandalism. I get that some don’t like the artwork.

I think it’s quite fun and better than the illegal vandalism the HF did down here.

Until this post I was in the [MENTION=1585]Spicy[/MENTION] camp. Can't stand graffiti on places where permission hasn't been granted. If that is on a valid graffiti wall then it looks f**king amazing.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
Lots on a thread on Nsc, which of course included tha vandalism of Bruno's mural, which was superb.

Unauthorised graffiti is illegal and charged as criminal damage when caught.

I’m a bit confused. It’s been pointed out that this is not criminal damage and not illegal as apparently it’s at an authorised graffiti wall where it’s allowed.

It’s fair enough that you don’t like it but if it’s not illegal then vandalism/criminal damage accusation seems unfounded.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Think there is a difference between being a moaner and not liking vandalism. Don't see any problem with anyone speaking up against vandalism.
However it makes a huge difference that it was on a legal graffiti wall - in this case well done :)

Sorry, moaners was the wrong word.
I should have said - People jumping to conclusions :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’m a bit confused. It’s been pointed out that this is not criminal damage and not illegal as apparently it’s at an authorised graffiti wall where it’s allowed.

It’s fair enough that you don’t like it but if it’s not illegal then vandalism/criminal damage accusation seems unfounded.

Which is why I said unauthorised.
I hadn't realised this was on an authorised wall. You have said apparently so is it right?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Round the corner; just near bottom of the stairs at the side of the The Station pub in Hove. Got removed about 10 years ago.

image.jpeg

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
Which is why I said unauthorised.
I hadn't realised this was on an authorised wall. You have said apparently so is it right?

I feel like I’m repeating myself but yes, according to my mate who went past it was on a long stretch of boards around a building site, with lots of other colourful graffiti (not scribbles) and the Police were passing as people painted there. I wasn’t there myself but can’t see why he’d lie about it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here