Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Blimey! 23 Russian diplomats expelled!!!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Unlike a certain political campaigner of the right, who has crossed my line too many times to warrant further correspondance, I am not on NSC to seek to secure a Tory hegemony. That said, I agree with the annoying Tory apparatchik in that the recent attempted murders are very certainly the work of official Russia. The evidence is circumstantial but:

1. The victims are traitors in the eyes of the Russian leadership.
2. The Russian leadership has stated such.
3. The Russian leadership has declared publicly that Russia will obtain retribution.
4. The victims were killed by a Russian neurotoxin (I am a pharmacologist, btw, so know a bit about such things).
5. The Russians have not hotly denied their involvement. They have mockingy done so.
6. Nobody else has claimed responsibility.
7. Nobody else is suspected. Not actually, not by anyone with a credible justification.

Consequently, Jezza's circumspection has been rightly mocked. It is as transparently pathetic and deluded as Thatcher's fawning over Pinochet, and extreme reluctance to send a ship to the Falklands till it was almost too late. Bad judgement, nostalgia for the 'old times' and knee jerk tribal stupidity are not the property of just one doctrine. :shrug:

Given that I regard Putin as particularly dangerous to us (and others) while Pinochet was largely a symbolic pin up for blind-minded right wingers (torturing and killing mostly only his own countrymen), I am especially disdainful of comrade corbyn under the present circumstances. He could easily have condemned Putin while crossing his fingers, veinights, FFS. What does he gain by not going 'all in' on the red? Given that he is leader of the opposition, it won't be him having to deal with the declaration of culpability. The more I think about it, the more disdainful I feel.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Last edited:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
What, if any, is the likely impact on the many Russian billionaires and (mere) millionaires who reside over here? The likes of Abramovich etc.

I’ve worked for quite a few of them and the numbers are eye watering. At a house in Highgate for example the current investment into the renovation works is around the £500 million mark and not showing any signs of slowing up. Government turn a blind eye to it as there are normally around 250 people working there and a constant stream of deliveries coming through the gate. Skip companies, builders merchants, stone masons, pool builders, landscapers, etc are getting (in some cases) years of work out of this, its great for the economy.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Nice knowing ya, we are ****ed, they are mental.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He's made some valid points, he wants to know that we are squeaky clean and have the Russians by the nadgers before we act

the thing is, no else makes the stuff claimed to be used. you could go conspriacist and say its all a set up, but if we accept someone got attacked, and we accept the military are identifying the chemicals correctly (not fibbing), the path leads to only one door. its not possible to make this sort of stuff outside a few labs. its a bit like being runnover by a Renault, you know the car was made in France and some analyst will know the factory, we just dont know the driver.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I’ve worked for quite a few of them and the numbers are eye watering. At a house in Highgate for example the current investment into the renovation works is around the £500 million mark and not showing any signs of slowing up. Government turn a blind eye to it as there are normally around 250 people working there and a constant stream of deliveries coming through the gate. Skip companies, builders merchants, stone masons, pool builders, landscapers, etc are getting (in some cases) years of work out of this, its great for the economy.

turn a blind eye to what? i think people have missed out on some the history of Russia, a lot of people got very rich, not necessarily illegally, nor legal, nor in a manner we might consider ethical. a lot of those people may have been wealthy pre-Putin, or after Putin despite him, or want to distance themselves from him.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Are Russia in the EU ? No wonder Putin is unhappy.
In the 90s I used to think those banging on the whole time about leaving the EU were cranks.You lot take the definition to a whole new level of obsessiveness. So many threads contaminated.

'You lot'?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
turn a blind eye to what? i think people have missed out on some the history of Russia, a lot of people got very rich, not necessarily illegally, nor legal, nor in a manner we might consider ethical. a lot of those people may have been wealthy pre-Putin, or after Putin despite him, or want to distance themselves from him.

That thinking is a bit simplistic I'm afraid. As is the threat from Russia to be singular considered Putin.

When the Soviet Union collapsed it was left in an ideological void. We saw something similar with Iraq.

It was simply a case of who moved first. Russia was effectively taken by an ideologically free Mafia type organisation only interested in power, money and themselves,

They kill each other and they kill overseas, it's impossible to determine who is "innocent" it's simply shades of guilt.

Unfortunately the majority Russians continue to vote in absolute power because they know of nothing else.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
That thinking is a bit simplistic I'm afraid. As is the threat from Russia to be singular considered Putin.

When the Soviet Union collapsed it was left in an ideological void. We saw something similar with Iraq.

It was simply a case of who moved first. Russia was effectively taken by an ideologically free Mafia type organisation only interested in power, money and themselves,

They kill each other and they kill overseas, it's impossible to determine who is "innocent" it's simply shades of guilt.

Unfortunately the majority Russians continue to vote in absolute power because they know of nothing else.
I agree any opposition is crushed beaten or murdered good documentary on Panorama John Sweeney BBC tonight.
The dangerous issue is Russia are nuclear power and a big standing army.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I agree any opposition is crushed beaten or murdered good documentary on BBC tonight.
The dangerous issue is Russia are nuclear power and a big standing army.

Russia is a very odd situation. I'm not in the leave alone camp generally with the West. Many people misunderstand foreign aid and what it's actually there for, slowly digging away on the off chance that democracy prevails and makes the world safer.

But Russia would have best placed to sort itself out slowly, it wasn't an oppressed satellite state it was a wounded ex-World Power. Unfortunately the West moved in and encouraged it to privatise itself over-night.

The only people who understand what that meant were the wide boys making a few dollars on the black market. Then the KGB move in to get a bit of the action.

If Putin died tomorrow, it isn't going to resolve anything over night.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'm not sure what 'lot' you're referring to, but I think you've taken my original post on the matter a LITTLE too literally...

Ah ok, I was referring to those who never fail to remind us at every opportunity (and on any thread about anything) which way they voted in the referendum.
My apologies if I misunderstood your post.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here