Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Grid girls scrapped from F1 races..

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"As of 2016, six NFL teams do not have cheerleading squads: Buffalo Bills, Chicago Bears, Cleveland Browns, Green Bay Packers, New York Giants, and the Pittsburgh Steelers."

The Packers had the University of Wisconsin–Green Bay (UWGB) cheerleaders cheer after they no longer had professional cheerleaders. The team currently uses college cheerleading squads, with the UWGB squad (coed) and St. Norbert's (all girl) cheering at each home game.[2]

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
You really have to think about the fact that at present women's role in F1 is parading around in not very much rather than competing and driving the cars.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So does what all the gold digging ho's do too. I'd say gold diggers are a bigger problem in society than grid girls when it comes to the perception of women.

Yet those that protest the likes of grid girls never say anything about the gold diggers.

Maybe if those gold diggers grew up with stronger female role models (perhaps we could get some women in the cars driving???) then some of them would have the inner belief that women can do stuff using their brains instead of their bodies. This may make them more independent and not need to be gold diggers. Stronger female role models relying on more than their looks certainly can't hurt with the gold digger problem.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
This is becoming beyond a joke - my direct neighbour last Christmas didn't even put a Christmas tree up this year as their new neighbours on the other side are Muslims and he didn't want to offend them. What's the world coming to? We seem to be too worried about offending anybody with anything we do these days.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Need some grid girl thread to stop the think about that performance.:drool::drool:

This is becoming beyond a joke - my direct neighbour last Christmas didn't even put a Christmas tree up this year as their new neighbours on the other side are Muslims and he didn't want to offend them. What's the world coming to? We seem to be too worried about offending anybody with anything we do these days.

:laugh:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Hey The Viper. That's funny you mention people not replying because I've asked you a few questions in the past and have never heard a peep back from you.
You made a, I guess in your mind, 'clever' quip about sex case Roy Moore. You seemed to cast doubt on him being a kiddy fiddler.

Wonder if you ever came to any conclusion on that after all the reading you said you did. Maybe you'd like to answer that now, considering how important you seem to think it is to get clarification.

I have no clue what you're on about as it sounds like it was a while ago. Anyway I just had a quick google and can't see Moore in jail or even charged with anything so yes, my answer is Moore is innocent until proven guilty and I'll stick with not throwing mud on someone. Crazy I know.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I would ban the boring fecking drivers, Hamilton would be first against the wall..:ban:

Rather than the usual clobber drivers wear maybe Mr Dullard (Hamilton) could wear gold lame hotpants and a t-shirt knotted at his midriff for each race. Maybe he could even be a pit girl when he's not driving. Every little helps.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Loving the outrage on behalf of the pit girls from those always complaining about people being outraged on behalf of others.

F1 has taken this decision because:

"While the practice of employing grid girls has been a staple of Formula 1 grands prix for decades, we feel this custom does not resonate with our brand values and clearly is at odds with modern day societal norms," Bratches added.

"We don't believe the practice is appropriate or relevant to Formula 1 and its fans, old and new, across the world."

I haven't heard or seen any demonstrations or petitions from the PC Brigade, in fact the only people getting offended and outraged (on other peoples behalf) seem to be complaining about the decision rather than the girls.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here