Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carry on Camping tonight itv 11:15

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Carry On Up The Khyber has always been my personal favourite.

The 3rd Foot & Mouth Regiment do have another small significance now too, as [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] will understand.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Cabby & Convenience deserve some love too

Sent by 2 old baked bean cans and a piece of string

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Probably the greatest British comedy film of all time?

Ealing Studios, Monty Python.....I doubt any carry on film would make it into the top 25 of British comedy films but thats for another thread.
Hope you didnt keep your neighbours awake due to loud laughing from watching the film

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Carry On Up The Khyber has always been my personal favourite.

The 3rd Foot & Mouth Regiment do have another small significance now too, as [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] will understand.

My hat will forever be DOFFED in your direction sir for your knowledge of this superb BRITISH canon of cinema.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
A big big fan of the Carry On films.
As Pinewood is just down the road, have often considered going on a tour of all film locations.
http://britmovietours.com/bookings/carry-on-film-locations-tour/

I have, sort of.
I had a friend who worked there and showed me around everything and a bond movie was being filmed at the time.
The tank where they filmed old wartime navy films was fascinating.
A lot of the studio shots for Carry On was filmed in the offices or corridors.
My favourite Carry On I think was Convienience, but it did not have my favourite Carry On actor in it, a very tough choice but it's Jim Dale, and absolute legend.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I have, sort of.
I had a friend who worked there and showed me around everything and a bond movie was being filmed at the time.
The tank where they filmed old wartime navy films was fascinating.
A lot of the studio shots for Carry On was filmed in the offices or corridors.
My favourite Carry On I think was Convienience, but it did not have my favourite Carry On actor in it, a very tough choice but it's Jim Dale, and absolute legend.

Convenience is one of the best, had pretty much all of the team in it except Jim Dale and Kenneth Connor.

Dale walked on Up the Jungle due to the part offered which in the end went to Terry Scott.

Good thread [MENTION=22252]T soprano[/MENTION] , wouldn't mind a dedicated carry on thread. Just love those films and have watched them over and over and over......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I seem to remember (although may well be very wrong) the only actor, in the history of British stage and screen, not be be viciously slagged in Kenneth Williams memoirs was Terry Scott.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Cabby is my favourite too.
Can't beat a black and white British comedy.

There's a great site that also has then and now on the filming locations. I'll see if I can find it. Had plenty on Cabby, mainly shot in Windsor

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Carry on Spying had some fantastic stuff in it, the first half hour is Kenneth Williams/Charles Hawtrey comedy gold all the way. Must have been one of the first ones made...possibly.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
giphy.gif

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Is the 'innuendo' a British perculiarity and delicacy or do any of the other languages have 'double entendres' in their own comedy? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here