Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2016 PDC World Darts Championship Sweepstake - The Draw

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
_87333627_alan_norris_getty.jpg

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Safely into round 2 for Bunting, but up against RVB next and then possibly MVG. Safe to say the Bunting will be out before New Years Eve.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
So, the first round is done and as we head into the Christmas break theses are the 32 who are still in with a chance at the title:

[MENTION=172]Telboy[/MENTION] - Steve Beaton
[MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] - Raymond van Barneveld
[MENTION=18099]ForestRowSeagull[/MENTION] - Michael Smith
[MENTION=7324]Tim Over Whelmed[/MENTION] - Jelle Klaasen
[MENTION=3475]Basil Fawlty[/MENTION] - Daryl Gurney
[MENTION=617]Jim D[/MENTION] - Christian Kist
[MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] - Adrian Lewis
[MENTION=26224]WhenTheBallHitsTheNet[/MENTION] - Darren Webster
[MENTION=18751]hillianseagull[/MENTION] - Gary Anderson
[MENTION=264]Monkster[/MENTION] - Dimitri van den Bergh
[MENTION=15377]Nathan[/MENTION] - Stephen Bunting
[MENTION=21477]Dick Swiveller[/MENTION] - Wes Newton
[MENTION=20524]colonies man[/MENTION] - Phil Taylor
[MENTION=16843]Hillian1[/MENTION] - Mark Webster
[MENTION=11493]Cecil[/MENTION] - Andrew Gilding
[MENTION=3720]surrey jim[/MENTION] - Terry Jenkins
[MENTION=258]Pavilionaire[/MENTION] - Benito van de Pas
[MENTION=22252]T soprano[/MENTION] - Kyle Anderson
[MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION] - Michael van Gerwen
[MENTION=7211]Eagle Slayer[/MENTION] - David Pallett
[MENTION=5203]OzMike[/MENTION] - Mensur Suljovic
[MENTION=18246]OSRGull[/MENTION] - Peter Wright
[MENTION=4596]zeemeeuw[/MENTION] - Alan Norris
[MENTION=26934]Kosmonaut[/MENTION] - Joe Murnan
[MENTION=13947]happypig[/MENTION] - Mervyn King
[MENTION=204]WASH[/MENTION] - Kevin Painter
[MENTION=8619]Guy Fawkes[/MENTION] - Ronny Huybrechts
[MENTION=24564]Steve.S[/MENTION] - James Wade
[MENTION=13055]Ninja Elephant[/MENTION] - Jamie Caven
[MENTION=15348]CAPTAIN GREALISH[/MENTION] - Dave Chisnall
[MENTION=3733]papajaff[/MENTION] - Ricky Evans
[MENTION=12007]Alan Cundle[/MENTION] - Vincent van der Voort

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Oh.

I'd done no more than clock that my man is ranked #9 in the world and thought "that's got to be worth a tenner", and he's out in R1. A quick look at his wiki page reveals that he's a perennial loser at the big events. Good enough to be ranked highly, but then cocks it up on the big stage: a bit like the England football team.

Thanks for arranging this @Frutos

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Great screen grab :lolol: I was on camera at the Brighton Premier League night, as Wally.

Jamie Caven looked reasonable, but I still think [MENTION=15348]CAPTAIN GREALISH[/MENTION] is the man to beat. [MENTION=24564]Steve.S[/MENTION] has a chance though, James Wade is the most talented left hander ever to play the game but he needs to get the job done when it becomes competitive later on in the competition. Love the darts!

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
[MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] ending up with Simon Whitlock :lolol:

I'm on to you! Im happy with Jamie Caven, the kid has a go and that's all you can ask.
[MENTION=15348]CAPTAIN GREALISH[/MENTION] is the winner though, this is Chizzy's time to SHINE. If he can get over the line, which he generally struggles to. I like [MENTION=18246]OSRGull[/MENTION] chances too with Snakebite, the man is a hero.

Gone each-way on Dave Chisnall (30/1).

Played really well in the first round and has another unseeded player in Christian Kist next. On his day Chissy can beat anyone. Peter Wright might be a danger in the last 16 but they'd all be tough opponents by then. Can't wait for Boxing Day and the resumption of this great tournament.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Agree, brilliant night great atmosphere
First time I've been last night, it was virtually sold out when I booked tickets last month but somehow got a front row table seat :amex: and get my ugly mug on the TV, love the darts View attachment 70862

Quality, and watching my man winning too!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Cracking night of darts - Jamie Caven thumping some fella 4-0, and then Gary Anderson getting into a bit of trouble in the first set and facing darts for the set in the 2nd and 3rd.. but eventually losing 4-1. Quality match, the best of the tournament so far for me.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Cracking night of darts - Jamie Caven thumping some fella 4-0, and then Gary Anderson getting into a bit of trouble in the first set and facing darts for the set in the 2nd and 3rd.. but eventually losing 4-1. Quality match, the best of the tournament so far for me.

Anderson won 4-1, not lost 4-1 as per your post.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Anderson won 4-1, not lost 4-1 as per your post.

Indeed he did, I was thinking about the Irish fella. Massive shame for him, having won the first set to then have darts to win the second and third but not take either is a massive shame - but those are the margins in darts. Anderson missed a few doubles as well, it was a properly good match.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
For a Sweaty, Anderson seems a top fella. No arrogance from a world champion unlike Adrian Lewis, Michael Van Gerwen and for someone who's been an absolute legend, Phil Taylor occasionally at times. Would like to see the Power win it again and I think he'd quit if he did. Bow out at the top in style.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
For a Sweaty, Anderson seems a top fella. No arrogance from a world champion unlike Adrian Lewis, Michael Van Gerwen and for someone who's been an absolute legend, Phil Taylor occasionally at times. Would like to see the Power win it again and I think he'd quit if he did. Bow out at the top in style.
He is remarkably humble and grounded. I like the arrogance of MVG and Taylor, but not Lewis. He comes across badly in my opinion, damn good with darts in hand though!

I'm missing Simon Whitlock being a top player, Premier League a few years ago but generally ordinary now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

I agree Gary Anderson is a class act. I especially enjoy watching Lewis because he's a brilliant dart player but not very bright and more likely to kick off than anyone else.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here