Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds v Derby

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
A bore draw which will demoralise both teams, and with several key players from each side getting red cards for really serious offences which will see them banned for several games.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I would like Derby to win.

One of my best mates is a Leeds fan. He is convinced that us 'minnows' will bottle it, and that Leeds are making a charge to be champions.

I would like them to finish below halfway. :)

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Both looking strong and are up there as a main threat. We don't know which of the clubs will end up running us closest so for that... All day long... Draw... Both losing two points.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Derby win and draw equal for me.

Derby have Reading next week and if they win they can then take the momentum into beating Reading whose challenge will then be in the bin.

Then shortly after Derby are away to Newcastle and hopefully they can join reading in the also rans bin

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Radrizzani might pump a lot of money into the transfer coffers to push for promotion this year, so it's better there's a good gap between them and the automatic spots. So, I'd prefer a Derby win, that keeps the play-off pack tight, and Leeds 7pts off the automatic spots.

For what it's worth, of the two sides, I think Leeds will most benefit from an upgrade in personnel. They've a few decent players, but others are pretty poor and if they're replaced Leeds could kick on. Derby have a strong 1st team for this league, but we didn't really need to get out of 2nd gear to beat them 2-0 at their place.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
There are only three results we want: a 0-0 draw, if not 1-1 draw, or failing that 2+ each draw.

It is exactly the reverse of the logic that says Don't ever be satisfied with a draw for Albion because wins are what gets promotion: draws mean one point goes missing so in virtually all circumstances is the deisrable result when chasing pack play each other..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Radrizzani might pump a lot of money into the transfer coffers to push for promotion this year, so it's better there's a good gap between them and the automatic spots. So, I'd prefer a Derby win, that keeps the play-off pack tight, and Leeds 7pts off the automatic spots.

For what it's worth, of the two sides, I think Leeds will most benefit from an upgrade in personnel. They've a few decent players, but others are pretty poor and if they're replaced Leeds could kick on. Derby have a strong 1st team for this league, but we didn't really need to get out of 2nd gear to beat them 2-0 at their place.

Am I misreading this post? We drew 0-0 with Derby at their place. If you're referring to Leeds, then we won 2-0 at our place.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Am I misreading this post? We drew 0-0 with Derby at their place. If you're referring to Leeds, then we won 2-0 at our place.

Potentially a Newcastle fan? They beat Derby 2-0 away and I think are the only team to have done so. However this was before McClaren came back, so still an irrelevant comment

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Fish must be a Newcastle fan. ???

Edit: he is.

Potentially a Newcastle fan? They beat Derby 2-0 away and I think are the only team to have done so. However this was before McClaren came back, so still an irrelevant comment

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you.

For the sake of old duffers like me, I think away fans on here, should have their club crest as their avatars!!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Both looking strong and are up there as a main threat. We don't know which of the clubs will end up running us closest so for that... All day long... Draw... Both losing two points.

Completely agree. I think Derby are the bigger threat overall (especially as they seem to be spending again this window) but Leeds are closer to us currently so we definitely want a draw.

As others have said, it is all down to us in a way. If we win tomorrow, we will gain ground on at least one of these two so any result is okay (same goes for Sheffield Wednesday vs Huddersfield).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think I would like to see a draw for this one.
Has to be the best result. It probably won't be though, so I'm not going to get too stressed, I'll just enjoy one of them not picking up points.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As others have said, it is all down to us in a way. If we win tomorrow, we will gain ground on at least one of these two so any result is okay (same goes for Sheffield Wednesday vs Huddersfield).
Sure, but we probably won't win. If we keep going as we have, no other results matter one bit, this is all about giving ourselves a bit of breathing space should we not be able to carry on as we have.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here