Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Radical changes in DS coaching?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I dont be daft, its a one off single game its hardly a 'cup run' .... yet.

A one off game ? Does that mean if we the first team win Saturday we get into a semi final ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
My mistake they beat Norwich previously too, so thats good ...

Glad you have understood the concept of a 'CUP' competition as opposed to a friendly or league

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yes thats right I totally agree, create a development/recruitment environment where we might make them think, early identification, perhaps high status trusted coaches, definitely a local lad with an affinity to the club, reluctantly use the cash saved on further afield recruitment thats key too, absolutely.

I cannot comment on Molumby, however Iceland has the population of Eastbourne, so for me go for the best Eastbourne youngster ahead of Mar Larrussen .......

For balance, I believe that the Iceland national side is a little stronger than Eastbourne Borough.

Mar Larrussen, scored four in his first Albion game at U18 level, at the age of what, 15?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, good result, why would I wish anything other than for them to win.

But if you are trying to compare the success of one random win against Everton last night on penalties (although a good result) as against the FA Youth Cup run in 2005/06 then I think you are winging it a little ......

Was it a comparison? I was correcting you on the progress in the FA cup in 2006, but also pointing out that our U21s were not outclassed last night.

Edit to add that the players that our youth team came up against in 2005/06 were the likes of Bridcutt and LuaLua.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Just a shame that [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] will never give him any credit (because he's clearly a second-rate prospect ignored by the top academies).

A complete and utter misrepresentation of what I am saying,

.. we are by default tapping into the level below the very best in those countries that seem to be quite predominant in our current recruitment activities.

[MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] - you are so blinkered by your firmly-held anti-everywhere-but-Sussex bias that you don't even see it. You accuse me of misrepresenting you, and then two hours later go and repeat exactly what I've accused you of. :nono:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
[MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] - you are so blinkered by your firmly-held anti-everywhere-but-Sussex bias that you don't even see it. You accuse me of misrepresenting you, and then two hours later go and repeat exactly what I've accused you of. :nono:

Absolute rubbish, where have I mentioned Molumby in derogatory terms, you can choose to say that Molumby is in your eyes the best, I am saying its unlikely in the context of what Premier League clubs might consider to be the very best young players in the UK and beyond, its one thing to be hopeful and see some potential but its another thing to categorise him in such a way, my point about the penalty successes holds true by the way .....

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
For balance, I believe that the Iceland national side is a little stronger than Eastbourne Borough.

Mar Larrussen, scored four in his first Albion game at U18 level, at the age of what, 15?
Probably worth noting that the population of Icelan is over 3x that of Eastbourne and, more significantly, the average age of Eastboune residents is 71 (source - ONS). I'd imagine that there's a limited talent pool of 14-21 year old footballers.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Probably worth noting that the population of Icelan is over 3x that of Eastbourne and, more significantly, the average age of Eastboune residents is 71 (source - ONS). I'd imagine that there's a limited talent pool of 14-21 year old footballers.

It was slightly tongue in cheek, but you can wrap Iceland's population, climate, history and Geysers how you like but it hardly offers much football heritage does it, alas thats why some academy manager decided to sign our first youth International in the opening year of our training centre from there and not some more credible country and put it on the website, whilst quietly squirting out some long established aspiring young academy graduate .......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here