Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Your crowing over your incredible forecasting skills is pathetic. And you're missing the whole point of the thread - but you know that of course.

I get this " broken clock " thing a lot. It is very boring as I have called it right far more times than wrong

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I get this " broken clock " thing a lot. It is very boring as I have called it right far more times than wrong

Predicting that we won't have snow on the South Coast is not exactly rocket science though is it!

I'd say your record is mixed, but my mum always says we won't get snow and she knows nothing at all about the weather other than what she sees out of the door and what South Today tell her, however she is also right most of the time because of where we live!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

I agree - you're constant carping is tedious beyond belief. This thread is not about the accurate prediction of snow - it's about people who love the magical effect of the occasional snow we get in the South East willing it to happen. You know this but you constantly choose to ignore that and bleat on about how unlikely snow is. No sh1t Sherlock.

We all bloody know that. People here are reaching for hope. You're enjoyment in forecasting no snow and reveling in your Nostradamus style prescience isn't needed or appreciated. But hey, it gets you a bit of attention year after year.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I agree - you're constant carping is tedious beyond belief. This thread is not about the accurate prediction of snow - it's about people who love the magical effect of the occasional snow we get in the South East willing it to happen. You know this but you constantly choose to ignore that and bleat on about how unlikely snow is. No sh1t Sherlock.

We all bloody know that. People here are reaching for hope. You're enjoyment in forecasting no snow and reveling in your Nostradamus style prescience isn't needed or appreciated. But hey, it gets you a bit of attention year after year.

Calm down ! There is an outside chance of a rogue snow shower wednesday night giving us a dusting of snow

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Calm down ! There is an outside chance of a rogue snow shower wednesday night giving us a dusting of snow

Does seem a possibility for tomorrow which isn’t really showing much anywhere online. Would like to know what @papa thinks of it. . Some charts still holding on for cold and decent snow events January and February. But like all the charts the cold is at more than a week away and once it gets closer they are changing and moving it back another week and doesn’t seem to be much chart consistency. UK is always complicated to predict but this year the charts have really struggled to predict much more than a few days ahead

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

The world or even the UK doesn't revolve around your back garden. You may have noticed that Nsc consists of posters living all over the UK, and the world.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The world or even the UK doesn't revolve around your back garden. You may have noticed that Nsc consists of posters living all over the UK, and the world.

And the point surely is to report what is going on in your own back garden ?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Does seem a possibility for tomorrow which isn’t really showing much anywhere online. Would like to know what @papa thinks of it. . Some charts still holding on for cold and decent snow events January and February. But like all the charts the cold is at more than a week away and once it gets closer they are changing and moving it back another week and doesn’t seem to be much chart consistency. UK is always complicated to predict but this year the charts have really struggled to predict much more than a few days ahead

There is still a chance of some snow tonight - will be marginal and depending on the way the front progresses, and then wintry showers tomorrow.

Further ahead anything is possible,

The next week gives us a short milder period on Saturday and then cold again, but not VERY cold.

graphe_ens4_thp2.gif

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Any snow around anyway. Lots of wet stuff last night.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Subtly icy on the roads and pavements in my part of Patcham - looks just a little damp but some parts very slippy. Looks to be a slippy bit at the bottom of Old Farm Road which is always fun when icy!

It occurred late, as the rain cleared relatively recently. It was 3C when I got up for the dog at 6:40 ish, but down to 0.5C by 7:45. I bet there are places inland in West Sussex etc (where the rain cleared earlier) where the roads are treacherous.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
There is a chance for us down here to see some snow later this pm/evening. Any slushy deposits will probably be up on the downs (if it does snow), it's an organized band of Showers which is due to come across but with showers, some will miss out completely.

Next wintriness won't be until end of weekend/early next week by the looks of it. Nothing really cold though.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There is a chance for us down here to see some snow later this pm/evening. Any slushy deposits will probably be up on the downs (if it does snow), it's an organized band of Showers which is due to come across but with showers, some will miss out completely.

Next wintriness won't be until end of weekend/early next week by the looks of it. Nothing really cold though.

Yep. It's a perfect setup for the Scottish ski resorts... not so good for down here.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Met Office app is now suggesting possibility of some rain that evolves into snow this evening (for Uckfield). Depending on how that evolves and exactly when it arrives, I might have fun getting up my street (it has a lovely corner on a slope that gets narrowed substantially by parked cars).

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Met Office app is now suggesting possibility of some rain that evolves into snow this evening (for Uckfield). Depending on how that evolves and exactly when it arrives, I might have fun getting up my street (it has a lovely corner on a slope that gets narrowed substantially by parked cars).

Whatever falls it will be fun later, as its going to drop below zero quickly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here