Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] **January Transfer Window 2019**

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
What a load of w@nk rumours we have at the moment... I'll start one...

Sergio Agüero to Brighton... he's sick of being in and out of the side at Citeh, and Pep called him a tw@t, allegedly...

Complete load of rubbish.

Guardiola called him a soft southern tart. And from what I've heard, CH isn't interested. Too inconsistent.

Just seen some YouTube clips of him. Doesn't look good enough.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Guardiola called him a soft southern tart. And from what I've heard, CH isn't interested. Too inconsistent.

This might have some legs it depends which half of 'in and out of the side' he's unhappy about.

As a new signing he'll not get near the pitch, for at least a year, so if Serg is upset about playing, we might just be the team for him.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Rotherham are hopeful of making Towell a permanent signing within the next 48 hours: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foo...-deal-permanent-before-end-of-month-1-9543627
I spoke to the father of the first team coach - Matthew Hamshaw - when I was on holiday last year (he's noticed the Brighton towel on the subbed) and he said then that Rotherham wanted Towell and were very impressed with him but couldn't afford his wages. I guess that means he's either dropped wage demands or they've managed to get the requisite amounts. Will be a shame to see him go - I thought he could have matured into a good player with us.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I spoke to the father of the first team coach - Matthew Hamshaw - when I was on holiday last year (he's noticed the Brighton towel on the subbed) and he said then that Rotherham wanted Towell and were very impressed with him but couldn't afford his wages. I guess that means he's either dropped wage demands or they've managed to get the requisite amounts. Will be a shame to see him go - I thought he could have matured into a good player with us.

He's out of contract this summer and Rov are offering him three years on a hefty paycut. He's probably waiting to see if anyone who can pay more comes in.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He's out of contract this summer and Rov are offering him three years on a hefty paycut. He's probably waiting to see if anyone who can pay more comes in.
We do have an option of an extra year - but that will probably just be used to ensure we get a fee.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
so as he's in our 25 man squad, who will step up ?
Forgotten man Mathias Normann, or the injured Ahannach, are our 2 extra players who are over 21 and need to be nominated in the squad to play. Everyone else counts as U21 and could play anytime without being in the squad.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Shit man. You really are good at this stuff. Chapeau.

He is the doyen, and cappo di tutti cappi, all rolled into one.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Too short.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Forgotten man Mathias Normann, or the injured Ahannach, are our 2 extra players who are over 21 and need to be nominated in the squad to play. Everyone else counts as U21 and could play anytime without being in the squad.

I thought they only have to be named if over 23 not 21 .... so technically dont think we have to name anyone as replacements they are just available as U23 anyway

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I thought they only have to be named if over 23 not 21 .... so technically dont think we have to name anyone as replacements they are just available as U23 anyway
Players who count as over 21 have to be named in the 25 man squad to play.

However, they still may be young enough to qualify for the U23 Dev squad and not have to count as overage for that.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Why have you taken to referring to Normann as forgotten man?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
***Rumour***

silly season part 3 , hit me your transfer stick hit me hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit me

Follow on Jose Izquierdo now in tug of war between Turkey & South America - "Fotomac claim Besiktas must beat River Plate to sign Brighton and Hove Albion winger Jose Izquierdo in this window."

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-face-competition-south-american-giants-sign-brighton-player/

Every rumour has been bollox BUT

pretty much every rumour has involved wingers...

... interesting.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Good to see that Suttner has got a loan deal back home until the end of the season. Did well for us last year and deserves to get some first team football.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Good to see that Suttner has got a loan deal back home until the end of the season. Did well for us last year and deserves to get some first team football.

Home?

Those Austrian’s probably don’t like being confused with Germans unless their name is Hitler!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here