Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton v WBA FA Cup 4th round Saturday January 26 (3pm)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
By the time we play this game we will have our Iranian and Columbian chaps back. That's some depth.

Ali J might not be back. Fourth Round ties are to be played weekend of 28th January, Asian Cup quarter-finals are 24th/25th and Semis 28th/29th. If Iran progress well, and they are second favourites with the bookies, he'll still be participating in that.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Our "reserve" team was better than Bournemouth's. You can't possibly argue that it wasn't a reserve team when there were 8 changes from the previous league game against the 9 changes Bournemouth made. When have we ever made that many changes from league game to league game? We played our third choice keeper for goodness sakes.

The pleasing aspect is that despite this the team had very familiar players because we are generally rotating the squad quite well and there are six/seven positions where the chosen best player is only marginally better than the normal starter.

For West Brom the irony is that we would probably face a tougher game if we played a lower team who are not fully focused on the gold they will receive from being promoted to the Premier League. I am fairly sure West Brom will put out a weak team and therefore make it is easier for our second string to get through.

The FA Cup is just another thing that the Premier League is killing or probably has killed already. Very sad.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'd open the whole ground but make it a free-for-all from the off. The reason being is that this is the sort of game where people will bring along friends, family and kids that might not otherwise go. If it's STH claims first, then that makes it difficult for STHs who want to bring extras.

Open up the whole ground and let people choose. STHs will be able to get their seat, or very close to it, but also be able to sit in a group with non-STHs if they so wish.

That actually would be pretty good.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Hopefully the whole ground will be open. If the pricing is right the tickets will sell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, fully agree. It isn't a PL big boy but a team that will certainly give us a good game, and hopefully, with our home form, we can get through. Promotion is their priority, understandably, so I imagine that they too will make changes, as we presumably will. I suspect that it might not totally sell out, but am sure that there will be enough fans there, 20.000+, to warrant opening up the whole ground.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
For anyone who has taken a friend along to a PL match they will know how expensive it is. My eldest came recently, £15 coach, £9 food and £48 ticket.
I used to own the seat next to me in the East Upper and as it's a single seat surrounded by ST holders, it rarely sells so is available most games but just too much to take anyone.
Price WBA at £20 incl travel and I've got 5 who will happily join me. BUT I need to be able to book 5 tickets in one go rather than ST holders first and then others.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
For anyone who has taken a friend along to a PL match they will know how expensive it is. My eldest came recently, £15 coach, £9 food and £48 ticket.
I used to own the seat next to me in the East Upper and as it's a single seat surrounded by ST holders, it rarely sells so is available most games but just too much to take anyone.
Price WBA at £20 incl travel and I've got 5 who will happily join me. BUT I need to be able to book 5 tickets in one go rather than ST holders first and then others.

Yes, hopefully the price will be as you say. You may well be lucky in that you can get the 5, but if you come after the STHs, then it might not be possible to have them all in a row, but probably relatively close to one another. Hope so, as the club needs all the support it can get.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013

I'd be very surprised if you couldn't get 5 in a row once STH have had their go.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Lower - £10 adults and we’ll get 20k home fans.

Pleased with that draw but will be a tough game for our fringe players.

Never going to be these prices, we'd make a loss - I paid £7.00 to watch County League football this weekend.

To get a decent crowd, P&R / Trains have to be included, plus VAT comes off the ticket price.

It is of course a really good chance to reduce ticket prices, and get some people who perhaps don't get the chance to come along, especially with kids.

I believe Coventry was £18.00, but no transport included.

I'd go for £22.00 for adults to include transport.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Did he? I'm not sure that's the case, even if he didn't "play the kids".

Only three of the players who started against Bournemouth seem to be in Hughton's starting XI right now - Duffy, Stephens and Locadia, although you could make a case for Andone too.

We have a very strong squad now, and some players competing for spots are quite tightly matched, but let's not kid ourselves that the Bournemouth side was Hughton's first choice for when he wants to get a result.

Agreed, but I didn’t think the team looked weak......I wouldn’t be overly unhappy with that team starting a PL match if necessary. Great to have such competition for places.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
this. I bought late and had to settle for west upper, rear, north end, great view of the game but by f*ck I was knackered climbing all those steps, don't think I could get a north stand seat?

There are quite a few north stand seats that go on general sale especially in G & H blocks.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Never going to be these prices, we'd make a loss - I paid £7.00 to watch County League football this weekend.

To get a decent crowd, P&R / Trains have to be included, plus VAT comes off the ticket price.

It is of course a really good chance to reduce ticket prices, and get some people who perhaps don't get the chance to come along, especially with kids.

I believe Coventry was £18.00, but no transport included.

I'd go for £22.00 for adults to include transport.
hmmm, I thought it was transport included for Coventry as I seem to recall there was a train strike and we had to get the bus over instead and never paid but I may be thinking of a different match :)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Transport/P&R is never included in the ticket price for matches that aren't league matches. I'd say £15 would be a good price if it doesn't include transport.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Seem to remember brom put out a strong team in league cup Vs palace. As they have nearly 2 weeks between games. Not convinced they will make massive changes.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here