Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dominic Solanke

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes I’m sure. I’ve flown from Gatwick to Manchester

Today? In the last year?

As someone who goes to Manchester very regularly it is probably 4 years since any airline had a LGW - MAN service.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yet many many posters would be prepared to drive 50% of our young, English talent anywhere for a full tank of petrol & a packet of whine gums.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
In this market, £19M is a good deal for Solanke. I'd be happy if it was us that had done that deal

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Well we tend to look for value in our signings, and whilst Solanki is British and young, it has to be said that £19m is an enormous outlay for a kid like that. That strikes me as considerably riskier than say, the Andone or even the Locadia signings. Uncle Tony seems happy to spend when required but this one seems quite frivolous. If the price being quoted had been nearer £12m I reckon we'd have been serious about getting him, and frankly we've got a bit more to offer than Bournemouth.
They'll be SPUNKING a huge amount on wages. It's the plucky/smug way.....

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yet many many posters would be prepared to drive 50% of our young, English talent anywhere for a full tank of petrol & a packet of whine gums.

The way I see it, many of our posters want to play half of our young talent in the first team, yet here people are turning up their noses at someone Liverpool deemed good enough to give 27 appearances to at age 20

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
bullet dodged.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The way I see it, many of our posters want to play half of our young talent in the first team,
Only so they can have some fresh meat to rip to pieces. :lol:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
A move to Bmuff is always a decent move for an attacking player. IF you cant score goals for them you cant score goals !

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder why palace pulled back from their reported link with £19,000,000 Dominic Solanke?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
In fairness to B'muff I suspect they may well have gone and done it again. The question is always - how the **** have they done it?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here