Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Is your tree still up?

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I always used to take them down on 12th night but the outside lights got put in the garage on Boxing Day after I came home from the match to find some twunt had smashed them with a brick, all the other decorations came down this morning and the tree was meant to come down earlier today but was delayed by listening to the match.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Looks like ours are coming down tomorrow although I’d hang on until Saturday myself, Mrs Withdean and I is keen to get everything tidied away.
She wanted to get rid last weekend but I said that was too early. Kids back to school tomorrow so it’s Christmas over.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Bought a potted one for first time evers..only three foot tall :facepalm:...but no needle drop and ex wifey is promising to look after it for next xmas...oh and its still decorated..not going out until Sunday

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Took mine down the day before Christmas Eve and complained to the tree farm where I bought it. Needles dropping so fast, it wasn't going to last till Christmas Day after only 10 days in the house. Farmer agreed to give me a fresh new one, so he opened up the farm, let me in to choose a new one which he cut down for me while I waited. So as tree 2 is thriving and drinking it's water well, I am loath to take him down just yet. Most of the other decs have been packed away today.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yes. Largely because we're away until the 9th Jan!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Got rid of it on the 29th. Sick of it.

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
Do you do the 12th night thing, or is it packed away (artificial) / dumped in the garden (real) already?

Ours is still up - looking forward to covering the house in needles when we try to get it out the house on Saturday. On the plus side, I'll be able to see more than half of the TV again. Really miss that right half of the screen.
Needle drop?! Took ours down New Year's day, stuck it in an old double duvet cover, all needles caught!! Genius!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am a 12th night stalwart. Mrs T likes to get the tree and deccies up a week or so early for the nipper, which I tolerate. If I had my way nothing would go up till Christmas eve, but my way is often not the best.

I was not particularly pleased to get an outlook diary instruction to attend a load of student presentations today, however. No discussion. I find the outlook calender thing an egregious opportunity for passive agressive 'management'. If I'm not asked directly and agree it doesn't go in my (paper) diary. If it isn't in my diary it isn't happening. Apologies for the digression, but you can forgive my annoyance; it's Christmas, FFS. :rant:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
More likely it will get too big!

We have a number that have been planted around the place over the last 40 years - The tallest is now about 80’.

Yeah I said that it will keep growing - a friend has a 50 footer in his garden as well... our one only needs to grow about a foot and a half before it'll be too big for the house. It's already stupidly heavy. Do you think being in the pot will restrict it's growth?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Chopped up and in the Log Store for combustion sometime in 2021/2 if my rotation policy is up to scratch. Happy New Year!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All the decs and half a million snowmen Mrs D places around the house are boxed up again ready for the loft. However there is a monstrous pile of chocolate and sweets that need getting through, about 3lb of cheese in the fridge, a Xmas pud, loads of biscuits (for the cheese) and a decent stock of booze. Looks like we’ll be extending Xmas a bit [emoji23][emoji23]

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
All the decs and half a million snowmen Mrs D places around the house are boxed up again ready for the loft. However there is a monstrous pile of chocolate and sweets that need getting through, about 3lb of cheese in the fridge, a Xmas pud, loads of biscuits (for the cheese) and a decent stock of booze. Looks like we’ll be extending Xmas a bit [emoji23][emoji23]

You could do a cracking bubble'n'squeak with that lot.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Never bothered putting one up this year anyway, Quite pleased about not having to put all the crap away.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
You could do a cracking bubble'n'squeak with that lot.

fff.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here