Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Beram Kayal

Votes: 46 62.2%
  • They are both exactly the same

Votes: 19 25.7%

• Total voters

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
They are 2 great halfs of the best CM partnership we have had in many a year. At this level again this year if they are playing together they will be one of if not the best partnership in the league. This is why I would rather keep both no matter what is offered for them even if they don t sign a new deal as although we could get decent money would we be able to find a player to compliment the other so well? As to who is better they are different players. I can see why Stephens is so popular, ball winner, engine and can score goals.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Stephens didn't get anywhere near player of the season although he's not even in his prime yet and has much more to offer in years to come.
10 million would be wonderful :)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
This is a bit like Batman v Superman isn't it. Both have strengths and weaknesses.

Kayal is the more important player though IMO. He's more consistent than Stephens, never less than a 7/10, he's the heartbeat of the team whereas Stephens can at times go missing, he actually had a pretty poor spell mid-season I thought. They're such a great CM combination though, losing either of them would be a massive blow.

I see them more as Nightcrawler and Colossus.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Stephens didn't get anywhere near player of the season although he's not even in his prime yet and has much more to offer in years to come.
10 million would be wonderful :)

Keeping him and winning promotion would be better

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Stephens is the engine, Kayal is the gears. Neither operate anything like as effectively without the other.

In my experience, it's true the professionals rate Stephens higher. I've spoken to about 10 or so current and ex-players who followed the Albion last season, and almost all said without hesitation 'Dale Stephens' as their Player of the Season. They all also said Bruno was brilliant. They appreciated Kayal, but Stephens was their man.

I guess it's the difference between what they see as professionals, and what we see as fans.

I see it this way as well. Beram Kayal is just easier on the eye.

In the first half of last season Dale Stephens was the player that made the difference. Bruno is the best right back that has ever played for the Albion but it is not such an influential position.

Dale Stephens would be better if he got forward more. The 4-2-4 means our two midfielders have to do too much of the gritty stuff. They get overworked. This only really makes a difference when we play the sides with the better players in midfield. First one is Derby and Dale Stephens will be missing.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Kayal and Stephens are a perfect pairing at this standard. For me, if i had to say which player is more vital i'd say Dale Stephens. Purely because he scores goals and offer assists. These are the players that are hard to replace. As much as I love Kayal, until he starts adding goals and assists to his game Stephens is the one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here