Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is this the dullest pre-season ever?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Secrecy is the key. A rumour is a kiss of failure. All clubs still trying to get their first choices?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nobody is sending anybody home.

Nobody has even mentioned sending footballers home. Why would they? They are earning a good wage, not claiming benefits and paying their taxes.
We would have to be insane to start repatriating them.
If anyone threatens the players in my team they had better watch their backs.
Absolutely right! Of course nobody is being sent home - stupid idea. I guess it's just that scaremongering is a habit that's hard to shake off.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Seems much more exiting to me than the pre-season when the club announced the signing of Chris O'Grady, and the arrival on loan of Gary Gardner and Joe Bennett........,

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
It has been rather drab and uneventful this summer. Euro 2016 I have glanced at half-heartedly on and off. It's also my birthday in a few days, and I cannot be arsed to organise anything, or respond to queries about it enthusiastically. It's that sort of summer I suppose. It doesn't rile me with its blankness. It just is what it is. I do feel my shoulders buffing up with their constant shrugginess, so I suppose that's a plus.

Loving your work Sir!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yes

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And the second striker is...

... the primary point of interest for this close season for me... so exciting bit of Albion's summer still to come...

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
To be honest the summer goes by so quickly that before you know it the season has started again.

It's nice to have a breather, for just a couple of months. Besides, with the way our luck ran out in the final few games, it's worth just taking some time out away from domestic club football. In my humbly forthright honestly truthful opinion.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
No manager shenanigans.

No great exodus of players.

No great influx of players expected.

No pre-season tour people can go on.

A new kit that the club seemingly can't be arsed to even tease us with.

It's all quite bizarre. Maybe it will all ramp up once the Euro 2016 final is complete and we countdown to the first friendly.

Surely you have some snippets Bozza ??

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

It's all quite bizarre. Maybe it will all ramp up once the Euro 2016 final is complete and we countdown to the first friendly.

Tuesday - new kit launch. ???
Wednesday - U21s at Hastings.
Thursday - main striker signing. ???
Saturday - first team squad at Crawley.

*** Only 2 of the above are guaranteed ***

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Yes, yes it is. Thank Christ. It's allowed me to get properly upset about the EU, Southern, England in general and Roy Hodgson in particular, people who drive SUVs, Jeremy Corbyn, the national shortage of Guacamole, Chris Evans, a new series of X Factor and those haircuts that look like someone's tried to turn the young person in to a walking Mr Whippy.

I quite like those haircuts. I wish I was half my age. I would have one myself.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Obviously there are lots of stuff going on behind the scenes but when you start seeing some of the signings the other clubs are making (not just Newcastle) then I am starting to get a little bit nervous!

Huddersfield have done well with their recruitment and they looked a good side last season and they have definitely improved the level of player there now with a good Manager - could be dark horses
Bristol City again were getting better last season and have started their recruitment well with Tomlin with more to come
Leeds have signed some good players too - although it looks like Lewis Cook is going to Bournemouth which is a blow for them. However they will be a bit unknown this season with Monk in charge.
Newcastle - enough said - favourites for a reason
Even Villa are being sensible and starting to build from the back, 2 good signings (Goalkeeper & nearly that Reading player) along with Elphick

No doubt Derby will be starting to buy soon once Pearson is familiar with his squad, and Sheff Wed are splashing big money as well.

So yeah I know we've got a great squad already but we do need to get some better quality players in for some positions.

Anyway that's my nervous rant over for now!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Antoine Griezemann is on his way to the Amex. That'll spice things up a bit. :thumbsup:

Just goes to show, I would never have had him down as a Jehovah's Witness

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here