Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk to join Fulham this week?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
No problem with LD leaving at the right price......to a Prem club.

We should not let him leave to a rival in the Championship unless he only has a year left on his contract, which I do not believe to be the case.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Last edited:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Having veteran Greer and youngsters from the development as our central defence this season would be a strange policy from the club after paying out for the attacking players recently. Doubt the people in charge would be that silly unless they have a replacement in place.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Dunk is just beginning to look a good player, I thought against Sevilla.

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
I could accept that Dunk would go to the PL, to lose him to a Championship club would be really though to take. Please no.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Chairman states "we hope he stays"......if he thinks LD is important to the future then a new contract should be put to him to show his importance.
Further news article from this morning confirming continuing interest from Newcastle/Fulham.
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/06/report-newcastle-interested-in-lewis-dunk-fulham-to-table-new-of/

Could we be selling him to Newcastle and with them loaning him back to us for the season following the Forest model of last season? That would give us the cash to bring in the goal scoring giant Aden Flint.

SWCspider-man

Aug 2, 2011
Brighton
Could we be selling him to Newcastle and with them loaning him back to us for the season following the Forest model of last season? That would give us the cash to bring in the goal scoring giant Aden Flint.

That's a great shout, similar to what they did with Jamal Lascelles and Karl Darlow last year. Personally I also think we could then put a decent enquiry over to Plymouth for their captain Curtis Nelson. That then gives us Greer,Dunk and Nelson to make the step up and adjustment slowly.We could then offer Rea/Dallison on loan to Plymouth, to give them a years experience to come back next season to step up into Nelsons place once he's settled into the championship and can replace Dunk.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Can't see Dunk joining Fulham unless they bid 7+ million.

However, a Transfer Deadline Day purchase by Newcastle, Everton, even Palace ( :eek: ) really can't be ruled out.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Can't see Dunk joining Fulham unless they bid 7+ million.

However, a Transfer Deadline Day purchase by Newcastle, Everton, even Palace ( :eek: ) really can't be ruled out.

This, now there is interest in Dunk from The PL, BHAFC will be daft to sell to Fulham. But they should agree a fee with first behind closed doors, then go for their winger targets with the dunk money, then let the dunk transfer go through and then ours for 2 wingers. Above all I don't want a Ulloa situation, where we sell and don't have time to add perminantly to the squad.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Because I run a pub in High Wycombe and Fulham are playing Wycombe Wanderers on Tuesday I've spent a little time to-day looking through their forums to follow up the usual 'what pub when we go the game' question. I was mighty surprised to see that on most of them they all thought Dunk's transfer to Fulham a done deal, and were then pretty miffed when it didn't happen. I know that obviously anything written on a forum is, of course, truthful and backed up by solid evidence, but they must have got it from somewhere. There's certainly more to this than has so far been revealed. Or maybe it's a smokescreen and they want Gordon Greer?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Because I run a pub in High Wycombe and Fulham are playing Wycombe Wanderers on Tuesday I've spent a little time to-day looking through their forums to follow up the usual 'what pub when we go the game' question. I was mighty surprised to see that on most of them they all thought Dunk's transfer to Fulham a done deal, and were then pretty miffed when it didn't happen. I know that obviously anything written on a forum is, of course, truthful and backed up by solid evidence, but they must have got it from somewhere. There's certainly more to this than has so far been revealed. Or maybe it's a smokescreen and they want Gordon Greer?

One of their lot posted that Dunk was actually having his medical at that very moment (which was three weeks ago).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think Friday showed we will be really quite ****ed without Dunk. Greer really is past it now let's be honest - so we'd need 2 very good CB's if Dunk went. Let alone the fact they'd have never played with each other or had pre season to get the partnership started. Really hope we don't sell. We must have budget left to bring in a CB / striker and winger or 2 assuming COG & Colunga go. No need to sell our best young defender yet. Or do a Benno and say lets see where we are in Jan - we need you badly now...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It must be me but I thought that Greer had a good game on Friday, not that I want Dunk to go, but at the price being mentioned I can see the attraction of selling him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know that obviously anything written on a forum is, of course, truthful and backed up by solid evidence, but they must have got it from somewhere.
Don't bet on it.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think Dunk would be stupid to go to Fulham I think we may get a better offer from a Premiership club but I hope it is not the scum.
However I would like him to stay and help us get to the premiership.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Dunk is a very good cb, but 7 million is a lot of money. If you follow your head it would say sell, as long as the money is reinvested in the team. We could get a replacement cb and a good winger for that. Rea and dallison are coming through as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here