Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plasterers

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
Very off topic I know but is anyone a plasterer by trade on here or can anyone recommend one?

I need to re-skim my three bed house as it currently has artexed walls / ceilings. so i would like to know if its possible to skim over atrex? or do i need to remove it all first? and if so how much am i looking at this costing or how long it might take? it would be the whole interior of the house, except kitchen.

thanks

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The ceilings in flat were artex and the plasterers put boards over that and skimmed the boards.

I have a feeling there was artex on the kitchen walls and they just plastered over it.

The plasterers I used were based in Crowborough, a couple of lads who have just set up on there own. Quality of work was really good and they charged by the job rather than the square metre.

I hope that is of help.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Artex usually (always?) has low grade 2% asbestos content. No problem if not drilled into, sanded or generally interfered with. If removed it has to be done with water to stop any asbestos fibres flying around the house. If skimmed over or plaster boarded there will be no problem.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Had a firm recently called R&G plastering 3 months ago who overskimmed artex walls in both my lounge and dining room including a stairwell. Smashing job and left with a glass finish. I got them from Checkatrade and will using them again early next year for my sons old bedroom.

binney's tache

Oct 26, 2010
tora bora mountains
Very off topic I know but is anyone a plasterer by trade on here or can anyone recommend one?

I need to re-skim my three bed house as it currently has artexed walls / ceilings. so i would like to know if its possible to skim over atrex? or do i need to remove it all first? and if so how much am i looking at this costing or how long it might take? it would be the whole interior of the house, except kitchen.

thanks

Hi mate,I'm a spread,also from crowborough.would be happy to give you a quote/advice.PM me. It's fine to plaster over artex.cheers.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I have a 3 bedroom house in Burgess Hill. Floor space 80m2 I paid around £1500 for all walls and ceilings, it took a team of 3 guys 3 days

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here