Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knockaert, so it starts

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Money talks in the Premiership and the top teams usually get who they want

The 'top teams' won't want him.

C'mon: we love Knocky here but has he proven he can do it at the Prem level? No.
Someone (and this won't be popular) much more attractive to a 'top team' will be Wilf. Sorry, but...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He won't leave
He loves it here especially the way the Club supported him after his father's passing

You'd (I would) hope that this is true. If not, then a little bit more of my love for football dies.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He won't leave
He loves it here especially the way the Club supported him after his father's passing

Always amazes me how naive football fans can be when it comes to their club. He does seem to love it here, and the club's conduct when his Dad died was fantastic, which would make it all the more difficult for him to leave. But does anyone seriously think he will be here until he retires? Come on.

If he gets an offer from a really big club, he will be off, if the fee is right for Bloom. He'll probably think about what his Dad would want, which would surely be for him to play at the highest level possible, at the biggest possible club.

That's the reality.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Always amazes me how naive football fans can be when it comes to their club. He does seem to love it here, and the club's conduct when his Dad died was fantastic, which would make it all the more difficult for him to leave. But does anyone seriously think he will be here until he retires? Come on.

If he gets an offer from a really big club, he will be off, if the fee is right for Bloom. He'll probably think about what his Dad would want, which would surely be for him to play at the highest level possible, at the biggest possible club.

That's the reality.

Absolutely this !.....There will be a release fee,in his contract.All the right words will be said,and everyone is happy !I guess that's football business. I will just add,that IMO AK is just a little too precious and moody for a regular start in what will be a tough season.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Absolutely this !.....There will be a release fee,in his contract.All the right words will be said,and everyone is happy !I guess that's football business. I will just add,that IMO AK is just a little too precious and moody for a regular start in what will be a tough season.

What happens when we're second to bottom in January, we've just been hammered 5-0 at the Amex by Watford, half the ground leave on 80 minutes and the remaining 15,000 boo the players off, and Knockaert gets a call saying Everton have made an offer for him and want him to join? "No, I can't leave, the club were really supportive when my Dad passed away last year". Yeah, right.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'd miss him having his little personal 'mini-strops' with himself when things go wrong if he went. I love to see players that care.

There have been times when his jinky little runs have been thwarted by Championship defences, especially later in the season, so I'm genuinely looking forward to seeing how he does against some high-grade defences. I do hope he's with us next season, and I'm sure he will be.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
His new contract was at £15K PW. Not sure if there was a clause about an increase if we were promoted.

Apparently his and Dale's earnings are now £45K p/w (in national newspaper today).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The question, dare I say it, is one of mutual benefit. An offer in excess of twenty million would possibly be good for both club and player. It's all about what suits. He could earn more elsewhere and a strong offer would give the club resources (although a hole to fill).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here