Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley face competition from Wolves for Ashley Barnes

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I have never been a great Barnes fan but I appreciate what he brings to the team.i actually think he has become a much better player this season and will keep improving.
I would be sad to see him go.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Barnes has been an integral part of the team this season and last, why do so many think he is now going to a bench warmer. Did very well against Blackpool too, even with Ulloa back.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
If we sold Barnes we will find it difficult to replace him. Good hard working forward with an excellent goals to game ratio. If we sold for say 750k we could never find someone as good for that money. I would keep him and I think he will continue to have a significant role in the team after return of CMS.

I agree,however,if he does not want to resign.....?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Would take £500k PLUS Stephen Ward in a deal.

Ward's contract at Molinuex runs until 2015.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Would take £500k PLUS Stephen Ward in a deal.

Ward's contract at Molinuex runs until 2015.

This could be the deal , it could all boil down to whether or not Lita is part of Oscar's plan.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Some arse let off fireworks at 5 this morning, which resulted in some fitful sleep for me. Anyway...

I had a vivid dream and the back page of the Argus claimed we had lined up another Argentinian striker and were prepared to listen to offers of 750k for Barnes.

Weird dream for so many reasons, least of all I don't buy the paper any more.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
That ploy didn't work for the 5yr contract Bennett signed before he was sold for a few quid!

Surely we did and got the going rate for Bennett, rather than let his contract run down so that we have let him go for peanuts one window prior to the contract ending, or for nothing in the Murray way when the contract had expired.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Surely we did and got the going rate for Bennett, rather than let his contract run down so that we have let him go for peanuts one window prior to the contract ending, or for nothing in the Murray way when the contract had expired.

I agree , we got more money for Benno with him signing a long deal , Norwich got him cheap but probably double what they would have shelled out without him signing an extension.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I agree , we got more money for Benno with him signing a long deal , Norwich got him cheap but probably double what they would have shelled out without him signing an extension.

Or half what he'd have been worth after 6 months in the Championship...... thing was he wanted to go.

On the Barnes front he's clearly better than CMS even without the latter's injury record. Why would the club sell unless he won't sign a new deal? Granted he's only an average Champ STARTING striker and we want more than that to play with Ulloa but so does every club in this league.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Or half what he'd have been worth after 6 months in the Championship...... thing was he wanted to go.

On the Barnes front he's clearly better than CMS even without the latter's injury record. Why would the club sell unless he won't sign a new deal? Granted he's only an average Champ STARTING striker and we want more than that to play with Ulloa but so does every club in this league.

If he doesn't want to sign a new deal he can leave for nothing at the end of June , you cannot blame the club for selling him now if they can get a fee for him.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
If he doesn't want to sign a new deal he can leave for nothing at the end of June , you cannot blame the club for selling him now if they can get a fee for him.

Barnes will not sign a new contract as if he wanted to do he'd have signed it by now. Sell I say as he's going to walk in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here