Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New U2 album on iTunes now - and it's FREEEE!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I just whacked in 'U2' in the search artist and if brought up all their albums. The new one had 'free' where the price to purchase usually is, and I clicked on that

Bummer, mine says purchased when I do but no can find

Edit, boom - turned on Cloud and it is there

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Gave it a spin. It's U2 being U2.

'Raised by Wolves,
Stronger than fear,
Raised by wolves,
We were raised by wolves
If I open my eyes,
You disappear'

Indeed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Kind of lost interest by rattle and hum. It's free though, and I'm told that Lykke Li features, so I'm in.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Gave it a spin. It's U2 being U2.

'Raised by Wolves,
Stronger than fear,
Raised by wolves,
We were raised by wolves
If I open my eyes,
You disappear'

Indeed.

Oh i like songs with wolves in i might give it a try.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I just whacked in 'U2' in the search artist and it brought up all their albums. The new one had 'free' where the price to purchase usually is, and I clicked on that

This

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I listened to that track 'Troubles' and it's deadly dull. Once again Lykke Li is on a slow, moody song where the bass drum is all the way up to 11 and the tune progresses into a power ballad but this time with very cheesy MOR guitar licks at the end. I'm sure Johnny Clegg and Enya were doing this sort of music in the 90s.

Not listened to the rest of the album but it sounds like a track-filler (I know I'm wrong on this as Lykke Li is a big enough star now that she gets pulled in for headline collaborations but it sounds like a filler to me). I saw elsewhere that Bono described the album as Ramones meets Kraftwerk. How in hell does German minimalism ever go with 2 and a half minute guitar thrashing by New York's finest speed rock merchants? And what part of this tune is either Kraftwerk or Ramones? Christ I hate Bono and every utterance from his pampered, over-indulged, lost touch with reality, big gob.

I was really, really hoping for better things from Lykke Li. After her first album she's just done modern power ballad after modern power ballad, very heavy on the bass, whispers at the beginning, big chorus, brief pause at the end, key change and end on a crescendo. Trouble is that Zola Jesus, Fever Ray, PlanningToRock are much better at it than her. They seem to have a way of making it different each time. Lykke Li had got stuck in a rut. She did recently break from this with a pure 80s piece of pop produced and remixed by Brightonian Paul Thomas Saunders (a track called Gunshot) but it appears that with the U2 song, she's reverted once again to type....and from the tune I reckon she's their second choice because they couldn't get Lana Del Ray.

I didn't like the song very much.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
My itunes library just says "purchased" but it's greyed out. There's no "free" button either
It's available for about a month so I'll wait for a bit

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
i can't seem to download it, find a music app, or turn on the cloud - christ why is everything so complicated?

I have just downloaded it - opened itunes and went to the itunes store but couldn't work out how to download it either but when I looked in my itunes library it was already there as an album and against each track was a cloud symbol. Clicking each cloud symbol downloads the corresponding track.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Nothing will ever surpass the Joshua Tree..

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Too political a band for me always rattling and humming on about the oppressive Brits in Northern Ireland etc etc.
So they can feck off , never liked their music anyway.
Bono is a cretinous inbred too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here