Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kodi streams

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Sounds good, I'm transferring my BT account, which includes Infinity, so might follow your suggestion. Just need to shake off Sky when I get back.

I only glanced at the BT deal as was not interested, it's not actually infinity it is just standard unlimited broadband.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
From reading a bit about it you can download it as an app as well right? You don't even need to watch via kodi?

I have to be honest I'm not too sure about that, however Kodi is free so I would look into buying either a box that swillis can advise you on or the cheaper option, a firestick which costs £30 ish and have a look on YouTube for a tutorial about how to instal kodi onto it and then start with the many, freely available add on's such as Exodus (all you need for movies, tv shows, box sets etc) and perhaps sports devil were you WILL find sports streams! I got to the point where I couldn't find a reliable sports stream (although exodus is pretty much flawless for everything else and free) and found myself switching between sources and before I knew it the first half was over. For £20 for a months Ruya subscription I don't have any problems at all, I just watched the Reading QPR game, in HD, and it didn't freeze or buffer once! For me personally, that's worth every penny.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I have to be honest I'm not too sure about that, however Kodi is free so I would look into buying either a box that swillis can advise you on or the cheaper option, a firestick which costs £30 ish and have a look on YouTube for a tutorial about how to instal kodi onto it and then start with the many, freely available add on's such as Exodus (all you need for movies, tv shows, box sets etc) and perhaps sports devil were you WILL find sports streams! I got to the point where I couldn't find a reliable sports stream (although exodus is pretty much flawless for everything else and free) and found myself switching between sources and before I knew it the first half was over. For £20 for a months Ruya subscription I don't have any problems at all, I just watched the Reading QPR game, in HD, and it didn't freeze or buffer once! For me personally, that's worth every penny.
I've used kodi for a long time just get fed up with messing about with it all the time. I want something stable for NBC if we go up.

I will use that to supplement my BT and sky sports sub not to replace....

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I've used kodi for a long time just get fed up with messing about with it all the time. I want something stable for NBC if we go up.

Kodi is fine, it just takes a bit of getting used to and knowing your way around. I've had mine nearly 2 years ... after 3 months I was ready to chuck it in the bin but with a bit of help I got it figured and it's a piece of cake now. In saying that I accept it's not everyone's cuppa

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011

I believe they do (or certainly did) a free 24hr trial which I took advantage of and i saw enough to try it for a month. I ditched sky the next day!

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I believe they do (or certainly did) a free 24hr trial which I took advantage of and i saw enough to try it for a month. I ditched sky the next day!

From reading the link it's £2 now for 24 hours, but still worth it to try it out.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Quick question for any of you overseas or maybe [MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION] does anyone use kodi outside the U.K. as my brother living in Italy wants me to set him one up and send it over to him. Cheers.

Last edited:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Quick question for any of you overseas or maybe [MENTION=33732]Swillis[/MENTION] does anyone use kodi outside the U.K. as my brother living in Italy wants me to set him one up and send it over to him. Cheers.

I use it in my villa in Spain when I'm there with no problems

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ

ive got it set up in new Zealand . bit hit and miss so far but think that's down to my internet connection. on rec from here just got ruya tv . pretty impressed . aim is to use that for the footy and uk live tv and exodus for films and boxsets etc . I tied exodus in with a real debrid account too. When I move out of wellington ill be on fibre x which is about 100 meg so should be perfect then .

quick question for the experts ..... when we move weve got a good tv and NVidia shield which ill use for the main viewing . we also have an older tv (ten years or so) it doesn't have any usb ports . I would like to run kodi on that otherwise the tv becomes practically useless. Are there any options here? it does have hdmi input which I used to run a receiver into . The receiver has 4 hdmi ports , not sure if that has usb ports as its in a shipping container somewhere .

Last edited:

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .

I use Kodi here in Sydney and it works just fine - I just downloaded & installed it via the YouTube tutorials.
Watched both series of The Missing either side of Christmas via Exodus and the streams were excellent, particularly the 2nd series.
I find by bypassing the 1080p & HD versions you're more likely to get a non-buffering smoother stream - GVideo always seems a good place to head to, particularly PutLocker.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
ive got it set up in new Zealand . bit hit and miss so far but think that's down to my internet connection. on rec from here just got ruya tv . pretty impressed . aim is to use that for the footy and uk live tv and exodus for films and boxsets etc . I tied exodus in with a real debrid account too. When I move out of wellington ill be on fibre x which is about 100 meg so should be perfect then .

quick question for the experts ..... when we move weve got a good tv and NVidia shield which ill use for the main viewing . we also have an older tv (ten years or so) it doesn't have any usb ports . I would like to run kodi on that otherwise the tv becomes practically useless. Are there any options here? it does have hdmi input which I used to run a receiver into . The receiver has 4 hdmi ports , not sure if that has usb ports as its in a shipping container somewhere .

Try an Amazon fire stick, or fire tv box if you're posher than me!! They're an hdmi output and so easy to install Kodi on that even I could do it. I've just started using builds, having been downloading my add ons individually previously. Well worth a go imo. Next thing I'm oooking to do is a paid sports sub because the football streams have become shit. Whether that's deliberate at the hands of the paid iptv people or not I have no idea, but the football streams specifically have become awful

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015

No reason why it could not work anywhere in the world. All it needs is an internet connection, some isps are starting to block kodi, so that would be the only reason why he could not have kodi.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Just reiterating others. I have used mine all over world without a problem. Here in Tenerife I use it on wi-fi at 3Mbps and all fine

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Try an Amazon fire stick, or fire tv box if you're posher than me!! They're an hdmi output and so easy to install Kodi on that even I could do it. I've just started using builds, having been downloading my add ons individually previously. Well worth a go imo. Next thing I'm oooking to do is a paid sports sub because the football streams have become shit. Whether that's deliberate at the hands of the paid iptv people or not I have no idea, but the football streams specifically have become awful

try ruya TV

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here